What's new

Your Favorite Lavender Cologne or Product

How do the two compare?

You know my opinions on O&C. I have found the L'Occitan to be quite sweet and cloying, personally. I don't find it to have much in common with O&C, and I would choose O&C any day over it. It should be easy enough to sample, though, if you have a L'Occitane store in your area.

How do the two compare?

L'Occitan is a peppery lavender with a bit of a spicy/woodsy drydown.

C&S Oxford & Cambridge is lavender and peppermint with an earthy drydown.

HoratioCaine has a good point; if you have a L'Occitane store in your area, go give the L'Occitan a try to see if it's a good match for you.
Lord knows that what works for one persons body chemistry doesn't necessarily work for anothers. Throw in personal preferences, and it's a toss up on what will work for you! Hence why we B&Bers throw around YMMV so much! :wink2:

While you're there at the l'Occitane store, check out their lavender display. One of the EdTs features lavender and mint. It reminded me a bit of C&S O&C (which I don't much like).

L'Occitan is a peppery lavender with a bit of a spicy/woodsy drydown.

C&S Oxford & Cambridge is lavender and peppermint with an earthy drydown.

Echoes my experience with both scents. A bit more sillage and longevity from the L'Occitan as well though it's the cedar/burnt wood that hangs around not the lavender.

Castle Forbes Lavender Oil Cream, it has been a please to use and is certainly strong and not floral in any sense. Like your first post it really changed my opinion about Lavander.

OK... I cheated on my soap

Here was a pretty delightful SOTD. Oxford & Cambridge Soap and EdT made it so :001_smile... Yes, the soap is very good

proxy.php

Looks real good. Except for the hideous tile.

Kidding. I like the splash.

Does the soap smell like the EdC? There seems to be some difference in the scents between the No. 88 and the soap.

Yeah, it smells a lot like the EdC or T whichever it is :rolleyes:

I had been using GB soap for almost 4 weeks exclusively so I felt weird using something else. Thus the "cheated" comment.

The scent isn't all that strong when lathered up. But it's an excellent performer.

The "tile" is actually Onyx, and it was really expensive. Thanks for making me feel like it was money well spent, "Friend" :lol1:

Yeah, it smells a lot like the EdC or T whichever it is :rolleyes:

I had been using GB soap for almost 4 weeks exclusively so I felt weird using something else. Thus the "cheated" comment.

The scent isn't all that strong when lathered up. But it's an excellent performer.

The "tile" is actually Onyx, and it was really expensive. Thanks for making me feel like it was money well spent, "Friend" :lol1:

Well, I really do like the splash.

Top Bottom