What's new

Lots of bottles

My wife and I made a deal. If I put in a organization system in one of our walk-in closets, I could have some extra space for my obscene amount of shave stuff. Anyway, I spent all day today breaking my back putting in shelves, etc. I had to move a few colognes out from the closet while I worked, so I snapped a photo while they were out. Keep in mind this is less than a quarter of the colognes I have. When my wife spotted them out like that, I got quite the look. Sometimes it is better to have things hidden away. :redface:

IMG_3183_2_1.JPG

Once I have things finished, I'll take some pictures to give you a sense of just how much shave gear I have. It is truly frightening.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Cool pic.

As one who has installed way too many closet organizers, I can sympathize. If you used the steel "California closet" style shelves, I hope you had a bolt cutter. If you had to use a hacksaw for all of those cuts, you'd lose your mind.

M

modern man

Well at least you can pull the Honey I am selling them off, on her.

I hope my collection can get as ridiculous as yours one day.:smile:

ouch

Well at least you can pull the Honey I am selling them off, on her.

I hope my collection can get as ridiculous as yours one day.:smile:

When your collection gets that big, I want to see what Scott's looks like by then.
:drool:

Sigh.... "less than a quarter", and still way more than I have...

There were no deals made today. My woman told me I was building at least one of the bookcases that have been sitting in boxes for over a year.. She said the numerous boxes of antiquarian books would simply end up on my side of the bed if I didn't... :blushing:

View attachment 4684

(Earnest says "hello".. -As in 'The Importance Of Being...', of course..)
(Excuse the floors, rennovating after moving in and then surviving a damaging flood..)

Cool pic.

As one who has installed way too many closet organizers, I can sympathize. If you used the steel "California closet" style shelves, I hope you had a bolt cutter. If you had to use a hacksaw for all of those cuts, you'd lose your mind.

Once upon a time, my wife had California Closets in for a quote, and the number was truly ridiculous. I have used www.easyclosets.com for several projects, and I can recommend them wholeheartedly. If you are willing to do the work, you can save a lot of money, and the on-line design systems are a breeze.

ouch

I'm so cheap, I don't even pay attention. :biggrin:

A spring loaded center punch, a yankee drill, a level, a chalk line, a steel tape, a hammer, and a big honkin' pair of bolt cutters is all I need. And yet I still have to break out every damned tool I own. :blink:

Just make sure she remembers that she "owes" you one.

I'm so cheap, I don't even pay attention. :biggrin:

A spring loaded center punch, a yankee drill, a level, a chalk line, a steel tape, a hammer, and a big honkin' pair of bolt cutters is all I need. And yet I still have to break out every damned tool I own. :blink:

Just make sure she remembers that she "owes" you one.

Does anyone know what this is? :biggrin: (feeling like the old curmudgeon!)

Not only am I familiar with a yankee drill, I have used one before.
Do I get to join the curmudgeon ranks now? Huh? Do I? :tongue:

Rick

ouch

Actually, there are two types of drills commonly referred to as yankee drills. One is the "egg beater" type mentioned by Mark; the other is a simpler push drill.

They're both great for places that don't have electricity, such as the average closet.

Sigh.... "less than a quarter", and still way more than I have...

There were no deals made today. My woman told me I was building at least one of the bookcases that have been sitting in boxes for over a year.. She said the numerous boxes of antiquarian books would simply end up on my side of the bed if I didn't... :blushing:

View attachment 4684

Uh...Bacchus...do you know you have a rat problem?

And I thought they only got that big in NYC. :001_tongu

ouch

The first "cordless drill"

That's the one. One of the handiest tools for starting a hole, although the spring loaded center punch has the added advantage of being able to break car windows. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
am i wierd or what....(don't answer that one)

When I look at these closet places they always show a person with 5 shirts and two pairs of shoes and perhaps 3 pants....

Some of this organizing stuff doesn;t make much sense to me....I probably need to build a bigger house with a walk-in department store for a closet....:001_unsur

mark tssb

Top Bottom