What's new

A HUGE Areffa FanBoy!

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Hey. As others have said directly from Areffa. Also nice to see someone from Calgary where I spent my first 55 years. I do miss the mountains. Cheers!
Howdy! The mountains always look so BIG this time of year. We were in Banff for a night this weekend, was fall in Calgary, and winter in Banff :)

Yeah it does work that way. I'm in Regina, which is in the middle of nowhere. Literally. You can go 250 km in any direction and the scenery doesn't change. Sigh
Saskatchewan joke… ”I lost my dog. I watched it run away… for 3 days.“ 🤪

Top Google searches in Sask…
  • Roughriders CFL Football Schedule
  • What Do Mountains Look Like?
  • What The Hell is Potash?

I kid… I love Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan joke… ”I lost my dog. I watched it run away… for 3 days.“ 🤪

Top Google searches in Sask…
  • Roughriders CFL Football Schedule
  • What Do Mountains Look Like?
  • What The Hell is Potash?

I kid… I love Saskatchewan.
We spent 3 weeks traveling by train through NS, Que and Ontario. Loved the scenery etc. Didn't want to return to SK lemme tell you.

Just came to chime in seeing our local artisans getting some well-deserved praise.

Being from the same country, I've seen Areffa soaps starting already strong, and witnessed them mature into excellent products - easily on par with any other artisan if not better.

AFAIK Alesia started dabbling into crafting artisan cosmetics because their child had allergies to store shelf products, so they had to research and use only natural stuff. Later they discovered the local wet shaving community, and after long participating and lots of RnD, finally found the courage for her own take on the subject. IIRC she tried different formulas/bases too, and they all were pretty good. She also has interest in perfumery and at some point took orders on custom-scented sets. My "Grey Vetiver" set smells close enough to pass for "what if Tom Ford made wet shaving stuff".

The latest set I have from Areffa - Tarot - is no less than perfect. An excellent product I encourage everyone to try.
So what I'm saying is Alesia is a long time part of UA shaving community, she knows the people who wet shave, what they like, what they use - she's our gall and definitely "one of the guys". And I'm proud to see her products sell at Pasteurs and get recognition from the wet shaving community.

I have this 👌

Attachments

• 17031864383972196171705989472022.jpg
    17031864383972196171705989472022.jpg
    942.6 KB · Views: 9
In a few days it will be my birthday and I decided to give myself some shaving soaps, different from the traditional and usual ones.

Unsure of which soap to go for I wanted to get one of the last remaining black Nuavia, but I figured I already own them as well as I already have many other Italian handmade soaps.

So I decided to get the Ukrainian artisan soap Areffa Sweet Dreams with passion fruit that my friends in the Telegram group have already tried with related AS and the Golden Sunrise after shave milk.

I understand that because of the war there might be a very late delivery, I hope at least they don't block the goods in customs as happened to someone in Europe for the delivery of this soap.

Last edited:
I have Crazy Pumpkin. In package I got samplers for Summertime soap and AS which I haven't tried yet.
Great scent and great soap, maybe one of the best I tried so far - probably as good as any artisan from USA, but people are probably hesitant to try it because it's not called Barrister and Mann.
My soap is bear tallow base - there is also vegan base, cream bear tallow base and regular tallow base. Every soap in every base should be the same, only difference is the scent.
Soap that I have is not that soft, actually it's pretty hard for the croap.
BTW another hidden gem is TDS from Belarus - also one of the top tiers I tried so far. He also ships worldwide similar to Areffa.
TDS is almost non existant outside Belarus, but beside direct order you can buy Areffa soaps in Pasteurs Pharmacy if you are from USA.

BTW another hidden gem is TDS from Belarus - also one of the top tiers I tried so far. He also ships worldwide similar to Areffa.
TDS is almost non existant outside Belarus, but beside direct order you can buy Areffa soaps in Pasteurs Pharmacy if you are from USA.
I had read about the TDS Cosmetics soaps made in Belarus and they spoke well of them even though when they started selling them on their site in 2019 they did not yet have the Paypal payment method and that had held me back from buying it.

I guess now after a few years they have solved it.

I have a question for you. Are these TDS soaps always animal tallow based?

There is a new eM formula with tallow which is also great. Also among the best soaps I tried so far. It's pretty soft, not exactly like cream but still soft.
I have this one, got it as the gift along with Evergreen Juniper which I ordered

It have a subtle citrus scent, almost like unscented soap.

Don't worry about shipping from Ukraine. Their borders are open to the whole world. Russian borders are closed to EU and USA, and it's almost impossible to order something online from there (I was interested in MOW soaps from Russia).
I waited pretty long for my package from Areffa. A month and a half, but it arrived safely. Some of my friends got it for a week or two, there is no rule. And I live in Europe. You just have to be patient - shipping is also registered so you can track it without problems.

Top Bottom