What's new

Another Wolfman?!?! Yes but, a Bronze Guerrilla.....

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Bronze though Gents, it takes that quality of feel and precision to another level. The heft, the look and the total feel brings the razor to the next level in high performance/luxury/world class look & ownership.
i apologize if this was covered. But do you have a WR1 or a WR2? If so how does the Guerilla compare?

i apologize if this was covered. But do you have a WR1 or a WR2? If so how does the Guerilla compare?

I’ll be honest my friend, I’ve never owned either a WR1 or a WR2 Wolfman Razor. I did sample one some time ago from a shave friend who is no longer with us and left this Earth far too early. I believe it was a .74 WR1 that I used for about 3-4 shaves but, I truthfully can’t tell you how that razor felt shave wise compared to the Guerilla as that was about 5 years ago. I just can’t assimilate how that shave was compared to the shaves now with either the aluminum or bronze Guerilla.

Sorry that I couldn’t give you a point of reference on the difference between the two.

Took today off to get a few things done prepping for the weekend and decided to get another shave in. Yesterday‘s shave was a very, very good one even with the milder .69 plate though deceptively efficient in removing whisker effectively & comfortably. Stubble growth is very light and I honestly could go on for the rest of the day and not shave until the evening but, hey it’s my day off and I can do as I please. And honestly, I’ve been chomping at the bit to get another shave in with the Bronze Guerilla.

Same set up as yesterday’s shave with just a different soap which by the way is a great creation from Southern Witchcrafts, Grave Fruit II. I’m a Tallow man through & through but, this stuff produces a gorgeous lather that is rich, creamy and super protective, plenty of residual slickness as well. The scent is awesome too.

All I needed was an ATG pass and an extended buff & touch up pass. So super smooth with light blade feel yet it cuts extraordinarily well. The extra heft just aids in keeping pressure to a minimum and the warmth of the Bronze is so good. It feels as if the whisker are being melted away or like being wiped off of my face & neck. Zero nics, weepers or irritation and I was good as new. I can’t tell you how long my face went whiskerless from yesterday evenings shave as I had the light stubble when I awoke this morning at 5:30am. I’ll post an update on this recent shave just to give a point of reference to those who might be inclined to putting weight to that criteria. I will say that it’s a YMMV thing in that everyone has different growth rates when it comes to facial hair so, it might be a moot point to post but, it is what it is.

I’ll skip a day or two just to give the .84 something more to tackle. I hope I can wait that long.

Great shaves to all….

47D9DB6A-DF4C-4E44-BC4B-7B098DD846F4.jpeg

Last edited:
The Guerrilla is a less premium alternative to the WR1 with no waitlist. I haven't tried the new .69-.99 gaps just the SS .54 and the original .69 razor. The new Guerrilla holds the blade better and closer to the edge with a shade more blade feel. Original has substantial lather slots. The open comb provides better support to the blade and cuts closer. The original is fairly (although some will consider it very) mild in the solid bar but the new .54 isn't much different in efficiency. Both are less efficient than a WR1 .61 to me. I prefer the styling and brushed finish of the original. The solid bar v1 is a mindless shave and the open comb needs some care.

Guerrilla 2.jpeg
10a327465c0a4987e571f7c45cdfedd2.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

The Guerrilla is a less premium alternative to the WR1 with no waitlist. I haven't tried the new .69-.99 gaps just the SS .54 and the original .69 razor. The new Guerrilla holds the blade better and closer to the edge with a shade more blade feel. Original has substantial lather slots. The open comb provides better support to the blade and cuts closer. The original is fairly (although some will consider it very) mild in the solid bar but the new .54 isn't much different in efficiency. Both are less efficient than a WR1 .61 to me. I prefer the styling and brushed finish of the original. The solid bar v1 is a mindless shave and the open comb needs some care.

View attachment 1739152View attachment 1739154
View attachment 1739161

Granted, I'll give you and concede to your statement that the Guerilla does not give the premium look nor does it share the status quo aura or finish of its more expensive Wolfman WR1/WR2 counterparts. However, in my limited experience with the Guerilla in both alloys, the shave performance is every bit as premium as any other razor that I own and have ever sampled. I just want to clarify and let it be known that just because one is buying or considering a potential purchase of a more affordable razor from Wolfman does not imply that they would be getting an entry level or an inferior Wolfman product. You would still get the standard of commitment of quality & craftsmanship from Wolfman Razors.

Last edited:
Thanks for your review and the pics.👍
When you ordered your Bronze Guerilla (full razor) how much did they charge you for the extra Bronze baseplate?

Overcast and a very chilly morning. That didn’t stop the Bronze Guerilla .84 from today’s shave. The Feather on its second use was simply magnificent. Blade feel is definitely kicked up ever so slightly (just as in the Aluminum version) but, in the best way possible that translates to a smooth and efficient feeling shave. This is a knockout combo that requires the Feather blade to get a shave or two in before it really smooths out. However, more importantly is the shave head geometry of the Guerilla ‘23 series of razors. Uncanny smoothness with ease of feel on the skin yet viciously tenacious & uncompromising against the whiskers. 2 days growth whittled down easily and comfortably in 2.5 passes without a single incident nor irritation to speak of. The extra weight of the Bronze truly really accentuates the cutting ability of this excellent tool that I feel it’s just as easy and perhaps even easier to achieve great results with the Bronze over its Aluminum counterpart. Truly a wonderful feeling shave that brought efficient yet smooth and calm behavior from this set up. Remarkable razor, really.

I’m going to swap out the .84 bronze plate and drop in the .99 Aluminum plate just for kicks and giggles. If it works well, I’m going to have to pick up the .99 bronze plate as well.

Great shaves to all….

C3121471-8352-4888-A8A0-4A65AEB66FD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, what a shave. Went with the Aluminum.99 plate with the Bronze cap and Guerilla handle. Installed a 2nd use Gillette Minora, made some great suds with PAA’s Sangre De Drago and proceeded to give myself an absolute wonderful shave that had me done in 2 passes. Superbly efficient and still extremely smooth and easy on the skin. The .99 is without question the set up that one would want for moderate blade feel that still manages to combine comfort and efficiency in use. Marvelous shave that left the face & neck rubbery smooth yet calm and undisturbed of any irritation or mishaps even of the smallest nature. A BBS finish at its finest.

I can’t speak nor provide anymore positive accolades for the ‘23 Guerilla. Not one single shave can I say in earnest was either so so or mediocre. The Guerilla is as good as it gets in a quality crafted shaving tool. James at Wolfman Razors has updated this line up into something that works extremely well and that incorporates efficient action with a buttery smooth feel that puts it into rarified territory. Question is, is it crafted so that everyone can use it and get great results? In all honesty, no. There is no one universal shave tool that will work for every living wet shaver on the planet. There are far too many variables for me to list here in this post but, there is definitely enough range in the Guerilla line up to match up to a good majority of those wet shavers to find shave contentment on a daily basis or whatever shave schedule suits them. At the moment there are 3 alloys to choose from and 4 gap sizes to customize the razor to one’s shave needs or requirements. The biggest obstacle is of course price as the Guerilla though perhaps by those that own the higher end WR1/WR2 variants would view the Guerilla as an entry level Wolfman, it’s still a pricey razor with the Aluminum version being the most affordable of the set. It might be cheaper in price to the WR1’s and WR2’s but, the shave pedigree is apparent and the results one can get are still world class worthy of some of the best out there including Wolfman’s own.

Would I recommend it? In a shave heartbeat. Great shaves to all…

7874B14E-0EBD-4FB6-9DEF-6AB274AB3896.jpeg

Overcast and a very chilly morning. That didn’t stop the Bronze Guerilla .84 from today’s shave. The Feather on its second use was simply magnificent. Blade feel is definitely kicked up ever so slightly (just as in the Aluminum version) but, in the best way possible that translates to a smooth and efficient feeling shave. This is a knockout combo that requires the Feather blade to get a shave or two in before it really smooths out. However, more importantly is the shave head geometry of the Guerilla ‘23 series of razors. Uncanny smoothness with ease of feel on the skin yet viciously tenacious & uncompromising against the whiskers. 2 days growth whittled down easily and comfortably in 2.5 passes without a single incident nor irritation to speak of. The extra weight of the Bronze truly really accentuates the cutting ability of this excellent tool that I feel it’s just as easy and perhaps even easier to achieve great results with the Bronze over its Aluminum counterpart. Truly a wonderful feeling shave that brought efficient yet smooth and calm behavior from this set up. Remarkable razor, really.

I’m going to swap out the .84 bronze plate and drop in the .99 Aluminum plate just for kicks and giggles. If it works well, I’m going to have to pick up the .99 bronze plate as well.

Great shaves to all….

View attachment 1740069
Dang it Gus…your going to have me getting one of these to go with my aluminum. I got my 0.84 plate the other day and it is the perfect daily shaver now. The 0.99 was just a tad too much come day 6. The 0.84 is almost as good with noticeably better manners. Top notch kit here.

Dang it Gus…your going to have me getting one of these to go with my aluminum. I got my 0.84 plate the other day and it is the perfect daily shaver now. The 0.99 was just a tad too much come day 6. The 0.84 is almost as good with noticeably better manners. Top notch kit here.

Agreed. The .99 can get to be a bit much after 4-5 consecutive shaves. The .84 though as you stated is just right. It's the Goldilocks zone for me

Happy shaves amigo....:shaving:

How do the 0.84 and 0.99 options compare to the newer Muhle R41 in terms of harshness or aggression? Or put another way, which one would come close to an Edwin Jagger 3one6 or Muhle Rocca?

I'm considering one of these in a C954 Bronze for a replate, or is that 'first plate' 🙂, in Bright Nickel.

How do the 0.84 and 0.99 options compare to the newer Muhle R41 in terms of harshness or aggression? Or put another way, which one would come close to an Edwin Jagger 3one6 or Muhle Rocca?

I'm considering one of these in a C954 Bronze for a replate, or is that 'first plate' 🙂, in Bright Nickel.
I have a new R41 and the both the aluminum 0.99 and 0.84 are smoother. The 0.99 shaves a little closer than the R41 for me and the 0.84 doesn't shave quite as close, but is more comfortable of the bunch. I have a Rocca and did have a 3one6 and the 0.84 is closest to those two while performing ever so slightly better (for me).

View attachment 1739152View attachment 1739154
View attachment 1739161

GlazedBoker’s review had me thinking, you know what I should buy one and check it out. Then Fedsbackhand goes and posts the v1 vs v2 differences in finish, and I think it killed that RAD impulse…

I have a new R41 and the both the aluminum 0.99 and 0.84 are smoother. The 0.99 shaves a little closer than the R41 for me and the 0.84 doesn't shave quite as close, but is more comfortable of the bunch. I have a Rocca and did have a 3one6 and the 0.84 is closest to those two while performing ever so slightly better (for me).

^^^^^ What he said. :thumbup1:

Would you say the bronze 0.84 shaves similar to the aluminum 0.84 or does the extra weight make it a tad more efficient?

The extra weight gives it just the slightest uptick in blade feel. But, it's still docile and equally as effective.

Top Bottom