What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

99066DFE-ECF3-4B6D-9B82-7D6F347E81FA.jpeg
Promaster Tough.

Several days ago, this was my watch of the day and it was only after looking at the photo that I realized that another bubble had developed and I’m not a fan of the bubble floating around. (You can see it at the 9:00 marker).
View attachment 1601321

So I decided to remove the oil rather than having to keep removing any bubbles that may appear in the future.

While attempting to gently clean the oil off the dial, I inadvertently bent, and finally, broke off half of the second hand (I swear, I hardly touched it 🙄).

Now what do you do when you break a $50 watch (for the second time) that you really like?

That’s right. You get another one. (Still has decal over the crystal).

View attachment 1601327
This time I decided to get the black bezel instead of the Batman. Not because I wanted the black bezel but I had already replaced the mineral crystal with sapphire and added the cyclops for the date window on the Batman so I wanted to keep that.

But the Batman watch had a blue-colored second hand (see first pic) which I thought was underwhelming (maybe that’s why I broke it 😉😀).

View attachment 1601332
View attachment 1601325
(The watch in the middle has the broken second hand).

So I ordered the black bezel watch that has a red second-hand which I thought gave it a bit of pop. And then I switched the movements.

After the switch, I now have the Casio 2 (and a half) hander Duro with a black bezel as well as a Casio red-handed Duro with a Batman bezel.

View attachment 1601328

I think I’m done tinkering with the Duro (for a while anyway 🤪).

View attachment 1601329

It’s all crazy but it’s all good. :yesnod:
Great job on the mods!

The Casio Duro was my first diver, black. It got me interested in watches and now my kids are interested. We got one of the teenagers a Seiko Samurai for Christmas and a Seiko5 for his bday. His younger brother has been wearing my Black Duro for a couple months now, until his first watch official arrives. He's beeng looking at Vaer, Momentum, Seiko and a few others. He settled on a Seiko5.

I have a Casio Batman Duro to give him for Valentine's Day and his younger brother is getting a Blue Duro to go along with the Seiko 5 Field he has on order. We may as well all have Casio Duros when we want to match.

I'm waiting for the green bezel to drop in price on Amazon as they are slowly increasing in price up here. I have a feeling they will jump when the non-Marlin ones start taking over. I think the 106 Marlin is no longer being made.

One of these days I want to slap an Omega Oceamaster knock off orange bezel insert in one of them.

On a side note, my wife is sick of the "watch talk" as the kids are always watching reviews and videos on them (mainly Teddy Baldassare) and sending
me links to watches they like or they think I'll like.

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Great job in the mods!

The Casio Duro was my first diver, black. It got me interested in watches and now my kids are interested. We got one of the teenagers a Seiko Samurai for Christmas and a Seiko5 for his bday. His brother had been wearing my Black Duro for a couple months now, until his first watch official arrives. He's beeng looking at Vaer, Momentum, Seiko and a few others. He settled on a Seiko5.

I have a Casio Batman Duro to give him for Valentine's Day and his younger brother is getting a Blue Duro to go along with the Seiko 5 Field he has in order. We may as well all have Casio Duros when we want to match.

I'm waiting for the green bezel to drop in price on Amazon as they are slowly. Increasing. I have a feeling they will jump when the non-Marlin ones start taking over. I think the 107 Marlin is no longer being made.

One of these days I want to slap an Omega Oceamaster knock off orange bezel insert in one of them.

If you want me to break… I mean mod, any of your Duros just send them to me. 😉😀

Several days ago, this was my watch of the day and it was only after looking at the photo that I realized that another bubble had developed and I’m not a fan of the bubble floating around. (You can see it at the 9:00 marker).
View attachment 1601321
Haha. My first thought is that you have added a moon phase complication. Or a stock market indicator. :laugh:

Another nice recovery and mod.

Here's my equipment for the day. The military-type watch - "M-Watch" - is the own brand of Migros, a chain of supermarkets/department stores in Switzerland. I found myself without a watch when I was there once, and got it at a good price because I have their member's card. It has a battery compartment on the back much like a Swatch. Since it's been running for about thirteen years, it must at least be decent. The watch was made for Migros by Mondaine, which naturally sells quality watches under their own name.

Attachments

• IMG_5150.JPG
    IMG_5150.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5151.JPG
    IMG_5151.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Top Bottom