What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wolfman WR2 1.25,Nacet(3),SV Felce,Simpsons Eagle2 super,Thayers,Davidoff cool water aftershave,Nivea sensitive,Prorasso green pre/post.First time using a SV soap and i liked it a lot seems to have more residuel slickness than the MDC soaps which i prefere.3 passes minimum touch ups no cuts,weepers or irritation.Nice relaxing shave i'll give it a 9.5/10.Take care happy shaves everyone.
20220630_152244[1].jpg

SOTD
Razor: Blackbird Ti
Blade: Perma-Sharp
Soap: Ethos Mandarino Fumo
Brush: Simpson M7 Manchurian Butterscotch
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper
AS: Ethos Mandarino Fumo
View attachment 1480708
9.90/10

First use of the Ethos f base soap and splash and actually my first from this artisan. I believe @AlphaFrank75 warned me that this scent is not for everyone. I blind bought it based on the scent notes and wow am I glad I did. It’s incredible!! Performance of soap and splash are excellent! I also added some of the Ethos dragon ice, ice drops to the splash since I prefer a cooling effect and it worked out splendidly. Excited to have this in my collection.
I love it also, I do not have a Simpson’s M7, but I do have a Simpson’s Chubby, I will use the exact same setup today except I will use a Feather blade.

Doug

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday June 30th 2022

Razor : Razorock Game changer.84- Mfg 2018> tame mid range, excellent quality control, made from 316 stainless + affordable.
Blade : Kai SS (2) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity + extra wide blade great for mild razors that need a boost in efficentcy.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream, nice mild clean fragrance with excellent lather qualities + makes great ubber lather from remnants of other previous soap in bowl.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter. (Designed for folks who enjoy the scrub, excellent brush for this IMO (short loft).
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard residual soap cleanse+ Nivea freshness aftershave lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD June 30 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

linty1

My wallet cries.
8B5A1C2A-77C0-4C10-8278-7706ACE006C7.jpeg

Broke out a bit so had to go easy on this shave, hand lathered a bit of Lucky cream and did a 1 pass wtg shave. Had to go back and touch up a few missed spots, but we got it done. I think this will be the last shave on this bkade,

Lucky ztiger, colonial, kai milds

20220629_091219.jpg

Birthday shave!

Razor: Ever-Ready Streamline Deluxe Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating Ten.

I bought this set from a forum member several weeks ago and decided it would be my birthday present to myself. It was worth the wait!

I love it also, I do not have a Simpson’s M7, but I do have a Simpson’s Chubby, I will use the exact same setup today except I will use a Feather blade.

Doug
I'll bet you have an outstanding shave!!! I was impressed with the scent off the tub, then I lathered it.. and then the splash finish was just fireworks! :001_tt1:

I prefer my M7's over the Chubby nowadays but will pull one out before the end of the week for the Simpson SOTD theme week!

View attachment 1480790
Birthday shave!

Additional Care:
Rating Ten.

I bought this set from a forum member several weeks ago and decided it would be my birthday present to myself. It was worth the wait!
Happy Birthday

Razor: STRAUME
Blade: Nacet
Soap: Groomatorium Chiseled Face Cryogen
Brush: Yaqi Silver Tip

Rate: 9.5

Second shave with this vintage Soviet, loaded with a the same BIC. After the beard shave I tossed the BIC. It lacked sharpness. Must be my coarse hair. The Nacet took over and produced a nice, clean shave.
I use the Cryogen on hot days. This must be the ultimate mentholhead soap. It drives tears from your eyes once lathered. I love it.

5478408B-D921-40D2-8C89-DFE5442A6948.jpeg

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
View attachment 1480790
Birthday shave!

Additional Care:
Rating Ten.

Happy birthday!

I decided to stick with two of my favourite razors today; one of my vintage Gillette Flat Bottom Techs and my Ikon B1 Standard.

I used Proraso red cream instead of the TOBS Sandlewood I have been using recently. With a silicone pet food bowl and my Evil Zebra brush dripping with hot water a bowl full of slick lather took about 15 seconds.

The shave started off a bit rough with the Tech and an Astra SP on its 3rd(?) outing, so I popped in a fresh Astra and that transformed it. Two passes and a final ATG with the B1 and I have BBS.

I won't deduct anything for the blade swap as that's how I measure when it's time for a new blade (rather than counting uses). I'm now sat in the pub marvelling at how smooth my face feels 😀. 10/10.

Happy shaving!

What does it smell like?
I'll paste the official scent profile below for you. I'm about the worst at diagnosing a fragrance. I just know what I like and what I don't. It's masculine without being overbearing. It's fresh, not sweet. For me, leans slightly towards a cologne type scent. Even thought it has citrus as the opening scent listed below, I don't really think of citrus when I first smell it, although that's definitely what gives it freshness. But again, I'm not good at this at all.

Scent Profile: Citrus (Lemon, Bergamot & Mandarin Orange), White Musk, Jamaican Ginger, White Pepper, Haitian Vetiver, Hiba Wood, Honey Amber, Black Sage, Peppermint, Jerusalem Pine

View attachment 1480790
Birthday shave!

Additional Care:
Rating Ten.

Happy birthday.:happybday:

Top Bottom