What's new

Where to get brushless creams

I'm looking for brushless creams and want to know where to get them. I checked the thread Best brushless? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/best-brushless.622628/ and have trouble finding some of the recommended creams. I looked in Pasteur Pharmacy, the Art of Shaving both of which are brick & mortar stores for me, and also in Maggards and Grown Man Shave. They have some of the recommended creams, but not the following:
Nancy Boy, Nivea, Stephan's Smooth Shave, EGO, BOOTS, Noxzema and LEA.

I'm four months into wet shaving with the following DE razors: Parker Variant, Merkur 38C and Rockwell 6C (2C). I'm still trying out various blades but have been happy with Wilkinson Sword and Dollar G. Gillette. So far, I've used Cremo and Marlow's Cream.

I'm in the United States.

I don't have a brush and am not ready to acquire one.

I'm looking for brushless creams and want to know where to get them. I checked the thread Best brushless? - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/best-brushless.622628/ and have trouble finding some of the recommended creams. I looked in Pasteur Pharmacy, the Art of Shaving both of which are brick & mortar stores for me, and also in Maggards and Grown Man Shave. They have some of the recommended creams, but not the following:

I'm four months into wet shaving with the following DE razors: Parker Variant, Merkur 38C and Rockwell 6C (2C). I'm still trying out various blades but have been happy with Wilkinson Sword and Dollar G. Gillette. So far, I've used Cremo and Marlow's Cream.

Oops. King C Gillette blades.

The recommended creams that I can get are: Cremo, Lucky Tiger, George F. Trumper's, Proraso, Tabac, La Toja and Palmolive.

I'd say just find a few that you're happy with and can get locally. The different brands are not all that different and there's quite a few you did not include in the list.

Nivea - should be at Target and Walmart
Stephan - barbershop supply stores, such as Appleton Barber Supply
Boots - UK brand sold in drugstores there
Noxzema Perfect Shave - Euro stores such as yourshaving.com
LEA - Euro stores such as Gifts&Care

You might want to search some posts by @malocchio since he has posted about many different shaving creams, some of them pretty unusual or hard to find in the U.S.

Welcome to B&B, Sir Mysterious Mose!
In actuality, brushless shave creams abound in the brick-and-mortar stores!
Admittedly, not my cup of tea, but you might enjoy!!

barbasol 1919 red imp aqua velva ice blue january 14 2021.jpg

The Rite-Aid by us has been placing tubes of Cremo in the clearance isle, reduced 75% (or more). I grabbed a couple tubes of their Reserve Collection (Distillers Blend) for less than $2 each, for pretty large tubes last week. (Black tube, as opposed to the usual white). They also have some of the white tubed stuff left, as of yesterday. - I'll use it when a quick shave is necessary, and I don't have the time to build a nice face lather with a brush, and it does reduce cleanup time.

Have used it, it's not bad, and while very slick, not a lot of cushion obviously, so not sure I'd use a more aggressive razor with it.

I have tried a lot of soaps and creams. I hate most brushless creams. The one exception is Cremo. Although it can be used brushless it becomes extraordinarily slick when you add water. Thus, add a little water and apply it using a brush. I seldom use it at home as I have a cabinet full of wonderful soaps, but I often take it with me when I travel. I take a synthetic brush and a tube of Cremo and whip up a pseudo lather in a coffee cup from the hotel room.

You can buy Stephan Stay Smooth Conditioning Shave Cream 16 oz at local barber supply stores or online it varies between $5-$10.

Cremo is widely available in the USA, and very popular. Rated 4.7 out of five on Amazon, over 1,700 reviews.

Cremo is in many US drug stores. You can check Amazon and other online retailers. Some of the European options are cheaper shipped from a European vendor such as gifts and care.

Top Bottom