What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

How aggressive is this razor? Does it have much blade feel on lower settings?
The razor is very aggressive @6. If you use settings 3-4 the blade feel is not much. The problem is every Ming Shi has a slight variation in gap, even if you disassemble and calbrate the razor. I have 6-7 of them and the variation is there. The main difference with the Futur is the Ming Shi doesn't clamp the blade so tight and you don't have rigidness (blade chatter is significant). The Futur clamps the blade tightly and it is rigid. Also the Futur gap @5 is like the Ming Shi @6

The razor is very aggressive @6. If you use settings 3-4 the blade feel is not much. The problem is every Ming Shi has a slight variation in gap, even if you disassemble and calbrate the razor. I have 6-7 of them and the variation is there. The main difference with the Futur is the Ming Shi doesn't clamp the blade so tight and you don't have rigidness (blade chatter is significant). The Futur clamps the blade tightly and it is rigid. Also the Futur gap @5 is like the Ming Shi @6
Thanks mate for the information.

Carbon Cx-Ti .71 V1. Soft and effective.
95286B66-AB26-4FA5-BFC5-B2E6505783B9.jpeg

I always wanted one but afraid that all slant heads were aggressive. I tried the Parker slant once and it was very aggressive. I like razors that I can use daily.
I could use the Merkur 37C Slant daily or the RazoRock German 37 Slant which I like a little better. I think it's a bit more efficient. I have two IKON slants, the X3 and the #102 Shavecraft slants. I could use them too. I got the Maggard Slant head and it's not
very aggressive either and gives me a good shave.
Something I use occasionally but is too aggressive for me to use daily is PAA's Phoenix OC Bakelite Slant.
I don't find most slants that aggressive.

Timeless Ti OC 68
derby premium (black label in plastic)

OH MY GOSH it was horrible horrid horrid
I have had great shaves so its the blade !
Whats funny is that blade in my GC 68 is not bad ?

I am finding the Timeless OC is really really finicky on which blade ! The GC is like wide open and easy to get one that works :)

Top Bottom