• Various RazoRock Soaps
  • TOBS
  • Pré de Provence No.63
  • Nuavia Blu
  • Goodfellas Smile
  • Tabac (new)
  • Proraso
  • Van Der Hagan

These are some of the the potentially interesting vegan, vegetarian or non-tallow soaps I found perusing the B&B Soap room:
  • KLAR Classic
  • Eufros Premium Vegetal
  • Black Ship Grooming
  • Meissner-Tremonia
  • PAA
  • Southern Witchcrafts
  • Apsley (PP formula)
  • Floris (PP formula)
  • AdP v3
  • SMN v3
  • Beehive
  • Catie's Bubbles
  • Soap Commander
  • Grooming Dept Nai base
  • Acqua di Parma
  • Wickham 1912
  • Sudsy Soapery
  • Dr Jon's
  • Provence Sante Green Tea
Looks like I should find enough to keep me interested. ;)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 235 for 235 = 100%
B3 Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
MdC Monday
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Synthetic Summer
20210823_203127~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

My high opinion regarding the Blackland Razors Vector SB (and OC) is well documented. A thoroughly impressive SE razor! :thumbup:
20210823_203127~3.jpg20210823_203127~4.jpg
My high opinion of Rudy Vey brushes is also well documented. The Emerald Green AS3M is a great handle. Very ergonomic and easy to grip. The Mühle 25mm STF is one of my favorite synthetic knots. Great combination. Great brush! :thumbup:

Bowl lathered today with MdC Fougère. A true top tier soap. Beautiful lather. Slick. Great soap all the way around! :thumbup:
20210823_203305~2.jpg

For my post-shave balm, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. For my Aftershave, Bootlegger's Green Freeze feels great on a hot summer day. For my fragrance, I followed with Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk. A refreshing feeling all the way! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 236 for 236 = 100%
Tech Tuesday
20210824_194957~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Pre-War Tech (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Shavemac 24mm 2-band Silvertip)
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Fragrance: Belcam G Eàu Bronze EdT Spray

The Gillette Pre-War Tech is one of my favorite Techs. Four passes plus touchups and my face feels great - smooth, no blood, no irritation. I prefer using my Techs with Feather or Kai blades and with one of my titanium handles. :thumbup:
20210824_195045~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak brush is a pleasure to use. Rudy's handles are very ergonomic. The Shavemac 2-band Silvertip is my favorite badger knot. :thumbup:

Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti is a top tier soap. Lathers like a dream. Nice and slick, cushioning and protective. :thumbup:
20210824_195143~2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. The RazoRock Saturnia aftershave and Belcam G Eàu Bronze EdT Spray match up nicely with each other and also with the Saponificio Varesino Dolomiti soap. :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 237 for 237 = 100%
Synthetic Summer
20210825_130931~2.jpg

Razor: RazoRock Aluminum Lupo
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: N/A - Face Lathered
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Unnamed Prototype #3
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

Been a long time since I shaved with the RazoRock Aluminum Lupo. Loaded a Feather blade and had a thoroughly enjoyable four pass shave. Smooth. Mild side of medium efficient. Fairly maneuverable. Good razor :thumbup:
20210825_131025~2.jpg

Another very nice outing with the Simpson Trafalgar T3. Soft on my face. Decent backbone. Quite dense. Liking the T3 more with each use! :thumbup:

Mitchell's Wool Fat. Iconic soap. Great performance. Once you've had The Fat, you keep coming back! :thumbup:
20210825_131113~2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. The Unnamed Prototype #3 aftershave and Cuba Orange EdT Spray match up nicely with each other. :thumbup:

David, I just wanted to say I enjoy the detailed reports you are doing in this format, and hope you know that they are much appreciated! The recent comparison of Tabac versions was really interesting. Thanks for taking the time to share what you discover.

Nick

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, I just wanted to say I enjoy the detailed reports you are doing in this format, and hope you know that they are much appreciated! The recent comparison of Tabac versions was really interesting. Thanks for taking the time to share what you discover.

Nick

Thank you for your kind feedback, Nick. Much appreciated. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 238 for 238 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
Synthetic Summer
20210826_153936_2.jpg

Razor: Henson Al13 Medium
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

Today, I am comparing the Henson Al13 Medium with the RazoRock Aluminum Lupo (yesterday's razor). Loaded the same Feather blade I used yesterday. The rest of the kit is the same with the exception of the Aftershave and Fragrance. Like the Lupo, the Henson is mild and I had a decent four pass shave, however, the Lupo feels more efficient and more effective on my face. The Henson exhibits the same type of drag on my face that the similarly designed WCS Winning Razor did. The Henson is a decent razor but, overall, I prefer the Aluminum Lupo. :cool:
20210826_154008_2.jpg

Ditto yesterday's comments regarding Simpson Trafalgar T3. Liking the T3 more with each use! :thumbup:

Mitchell's Wool Fat. Iconic soap. Great performance. Once you've had The Fat, you keep coming back! :thumbup:
20210826_154050_2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. The Bootlegger's Green Freeze aftershave feels really refreshing. The Lagerfeld Classic has become one of my favorite fragrances. :thumbup:

Very good shave! :cool:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I like MWF in many ways, and used it exclusively for a pretty long time. What I finally determined and concluded is the fact that - for my skin - Mitchell's Wool Fat is drying. On occasion I've replicated the experiment with the same results every time. I've learned. I will never use it again.

Other than that, I like the Fat.

Soaps which are drying are like a kiss of death for me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Today, I am comparing the Henson Al13 Medium with the RazoRock Aluminum Lupo (yesterday's razor). Loaded the same Feather blade I used yesterday. The rest of the kit is the same with the exception of the Aftershave and Fragrance. Like the Lupo, the Henson is mild and I had a decent four pass shave, however, the Lupo feels more efficient and more effective on my face. The Henson exhibits the same type of drag on my face that the similarly designed WCS Winning Razor did. The Henson is a decent razor but, overall, I prefer the Aluminum Lupo. :cool:

I recently got a Henson AL13 Medium and noticed the drag on my face, too. I've only used it once, so will try it a few more times before passing final judgement, but based on the drag, I don't foresee it sticking around very long. The shave turned out good, but I didn't enjoy the process to get there very much. I had also bought the Mild Henson and am not even going to bother trying it, so it's being returned.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I like MWF in many ways, and used it exclusively for a pretty long time. What I finally determined and concluded is the fact that - for my skin - Mitchell's Wool Fat is drying. On occasion I've replicated the experiment with the same results every time. I've learned. I will never use it again.

Other than that, I like the Fat.

Soaps which are drying are like a kiss of death for me.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Interesting how different skin types react to the same product. On my (admittedly oily) skin, MWF feels great - no drying that I can detect. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I recently got a Henson AL13 Medium and noticed the drag on my face, too. I've only used it once, so will try it a few more times before passing final judgement, but based on the drag, I don't foresee it sticking around very long. The shave turned out good, but I didn't enjoy the process to get there very much. I had also bought the Mild Henson and am not even going to bother trying it, so it's being returned.

I've tried steep and neutral angles. Tried using the angle the cap dictates. Still feel the drag.

As you stated, the shave is good. The shave just wasn't that pleasurable.

The Aluminum Lupo have me a slightly closer shave and a more pleasurable shaving experience.

I've tried steep and neutral angles. Tried using the angle the cap dictates. Still feel the drag.

As you stated, the shave is good. The shave just wasn't that pleasurable.

The Aluminum Lupo have me a slightly closer shave and a more pleasurable shaving experience.

I tried all kinds of different angles, too. I used it with SV Dolomiti, which is normally plenty slick, but next time I'll try it with Santa Maria Novella since that's probably the slickest soap in my arsenal.

365 Shaves in 2021: 235 for 235 = 100%
B3 Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
MdC Monday
Synthetic Summer
View attachment 1316336
Brush: Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Fragrance: Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk

My high opinion regarding the Blackland Razors Vector SB (and OC) is well documented. A thoroughly impressive SE razor! :thumbup:
View attachment 1316337View attachment 1316338
My high opinion of Rudy Vey brushes is also well documented. The Emerald Green AS3M is a great handle. Very ergonomic and easy to grip. The Mühle 25mm STF is one of my favorite synthetic knots. Great combination. Great brush! :thumbup:

Bowl lathered today with MdC Fougère. A true top tier soap. Beautiful lather. Slick. Great soap all the way around! :thumbup:
View attachment 1316339
For my post-shave balm, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. For my Aftershave, Bootlegger's Green Freeze feels great on a hot summer day. For my fragrance, I followed with Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk. A refreshing feeling all the way! :thumbup:

Hi, can you give some detail on how you are incorporating the hyaluronic acid. How much do you use and do mix it with your aftershave or do directly apply it to your face? Thank you!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hi, can you give some detail on how you are incorporating the hyaluronic acid. How much do you use and do mix it with your aftershave or do directly apply it to your face? Thank you!

Put a dime sized dollop of the Nivea Balm in my palm, add a few drops (~1/3 of the dropper) of Hyaluronic Acid, rub my palms together to mix and apply to my face.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 239 for 239 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
Synthetic Summer
20210827_151349~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale Mixed Metal
Blade: Feather (4 and retired)
Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

The Mixed Metal Fatip Lo Storto Originale looks cool and shaves great! Went with a Feather blade today. Great combination. Efficient, smooth and effective - every shave with the FOCS rocks! 🦊 :punk: :thumbup:
20210827_151456~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is an outstanding synthetic brush that I reach for almost every Friday. Whether bowl or face lathering, the EVO performs wonderfully. :thumbup:

20210827_151546~2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. Pinaud Clubman Aftershave is the perfect Friday finish. :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 240 for 240 = 100%
20210828_145452~2.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (4)
Brush: Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Aftershave/Fragrance: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Aftershave/Cologne

The Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB with Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade provides a mild and effective shave. Very enjoyable. :thumbup:
20210828_145521~2.jpg

The Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle, with Shavemac 22mm 2-band Silvertip knot, is a really cool brush. Great face lathering brush! :thumbup:

20210828_145601~2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum is an outstanding Bay Rum Aftershave/Cologne. :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 241 for 241 = 100%
B3 Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
20210829_121129~2.jpg

Brush: Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan)
Aftershave: RazoRock Nomad
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray

My high opinion regarding the Blackland Razors Vector SB (and OC) is well documented. Thoroughly impressive, and my favorite SE razor! :thumbup:
20210829_121221~2.jpg

The Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose handle with Maggard 24mm SHD Fan is a wonderful brush! Feels great on my face and in hand! :thumbup:

20210829_121325~2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. RazoRock Nomad is a very nice aftershave. Lagerfeld Classic EdT Spray has become one of my favorite fragrances. Very nice combination. :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 242 for 242 = 100%
MdC Monday
20210830_140455_2.jpg

Razor: Hone 15a
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: H. L. Thater 4292/5 (25mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: RazoRock The Stallion

The Hone 15a seems heavier than my other Aluminum razors. The handle looks like it would be slippery, but it's not and provides a very comfortable and secure grip. Paired the Hone 15a with a fresh Feather blade for today's shave. Used the same minimal amount of pressure that I use with my Techs to go steep and ride the bar. Got a very enjoyable 4-pass shave (plus minor touch-ups a buffing). The Hone 15a is mild++ efficient, smooth and reasonably effective. A nice relaxing shave with very good - excellent results! :thumbup:
20210830_140547_2.jpg

The H. L. Thater 4292/5, with 25mm 2-Band Silvertip knot, certainly knows how to make lather with MdC soap and apply it gently, comfortably and effectively to the face. Easily gets the job done and is very comfortable to use. :thumbup:

Martin de Candre soaps are some of the best soaps in my Den. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel. As good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20210830_140632_2.jpg

For post-shave, the combination of Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid is my everyday standby. RazoRock The Stallion is an excellent Oud scented aftershave. Very satisfying! :thumbup:

Excellent shave! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Top Bottom