What's new

Buy another cheap razor or wait to buy something good?

I can't make up my mind between the GC 68-P and Lupo 72 (and now I'm reading that the Lupo 95 is even better than the 72). In the meantime I've been snapping up cheap razors (with good reviews) left and right to satisfy my RAD. This is my latest potential cheapy purchase. Looks like it could be fun, but I've also read it's quite aggressive and has blade alignment issues. Wasting my money or worth a try? 15.0US $ |Yaqi Matte Black Color Brass Handle Double Edge Single Blade Men's Shaving Safety Razor|shaving safety razor|safety razorsafety razor shave - AliExpress - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32844092211.html

Penny wise, pound fool... Or is it the other way around?!

All jokes aside, I think you should pull the trigger on either the GC or the Lupo. Don't think, do it today. Just flip a coin and buy whatever razor comes up. If you don't like it, resell it here and buy the other one.

Now..., if you do like the razor, there's a good chance your RAD won't be cured.

In that case, just start a new thread asking us what to do.

PS. But most of all, add the .84-P SB to your list. I have the GC 84 and the Lupo 72 in my mind and am looking for as many inputs as possible!

I can be the first to weigh in with the correct answer
Both !

Nothing wrong with trying out inexpensive razors. Don't deny yourself something higher shelf, though. So I say save up for the nice one.

I have the OC .84 Gamechangers (regular and Jaws). I like them both, but you might consider the dual comb Lupo. Unlike some dual combs, the Lupo DC is two different razors for the price of one. Check it out before you decide on your RazoRock splurge.

Go for the GC or Lupo. They perform WELL above their price point; especially as they are stainless steel. I resisted for a while, but purchased a Lupo 95 head on BST recently, thinking I would see what the hype is and pass it on. Well, the Lupo 95 is a great performer, and I am considering what others to pass on to others through PIF or sale. If you don't like it, you will easily sell it on BST.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Some folks prefer the Lupo .72 to the .95. Both are excellent. I couldn't shave with the .95 daily, but use it when I have two days of growth or more. The .72 on the other hand can easily be a daily driver if you like to shave daily.

You're going to buy the cheap one and then buy the expensive one in a month anyway, you have RAD. The only advice I have is that try to find something that qualifies as top tier in what it provides and hope it matches your budget. For example, I got a Rockwell 6C and I thought it would cure my RAD, but in a deep part of my brain I begin to question whether or not its clamping/blade rigidity is causing more irritation than I would like, so I start looking for something else that meets that requirement for a decent price, like a brass Karve. Only problem is, my brain now wants something stainless cuz I'm sick in the head, so I'll probably end up getting the Blackland Era. The point is, try to make a purchase that checks as many boxes as possible for a decent price and hope that kills the RAD, because many of these other options just won't.

Top Bottom