What's new

Favorite Oud

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Looking for recommendations on an Oud Cologne from you experts.
I know that Oud scents are generally associated with cooler weather but I really like the scent and would like to find one that fits even in warmer conditions.
Longevity and sillage isn't usually a problem with Oud, but I'd rather have a lingering scent than a fleeting one.

I know that Oud scents are generally associated with cooler weather but I really like the scent and would like to find one that fits even in warmer conditions.
Longevity and sillage isn't usually a problem with Oud, but I'd rather have a lingering scent than a fleeting one.
Razor Rock Tuscan Oud

Tom Ford Oud Minerale, if you can find it anywhere, is a great anytime dry, driftwood-like oud.

TF Oud Wood is exceptional too but might be a bit heavy for some.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

Dear Phil, Acqua di Parma makes an excellent Oud IMHO.

And I am extremely happy to see you again, my friend. :thumbup1:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
My favourite is Molton Brown Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold EDT. Molton Brown does not get much love on B&B but their products are excellent and this one is the best of the lot in my opinion.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My favorite is from Rania J.

1623676651032.png
1623676651032.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A lot of these I wouldn't even have known existed. I'm grateful for the information!
Folks here are the best.

There are so many great oud fragrances, and so much variation among them that it is best to just sample as many as you can get your nose on. The Jo Malone one you mentioned is quite nice, as is the AdP oud that the learned @Marco mentioned above. These are both representations of "western" oud fragrances that smell great and probably won't offend too many people.

There are a lot of "non-western" oud fragrances that are perceived as skanky, pissy, animalic, cheesy, etc. Xerjoff makes some nice ones in this category in their Oud Stars line (Zafar, Zanzibar). Dusita Oudh Infini is worth trying just to see how far your tolerance for skank goes. From there, you can always get some pure oud oils to see how different ouds smell from different regions of Southeast Asia.

Good luck!

It hasn't been mentioned, but I really like Creed's Royal Oud. Fresh, yet expresses a deep sophistication. I tried a sample from Creed, and then bought a 2.5 oz from FrangranceX. No regrets.

Top Bottom