What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

Wow! I didn’t know that there were different versions of Polsilver!

Here’s the one I used:

View attachment 1280441

Thanks! And here's an example of one they're selling on a Polish "Amazon" (allegro):

1623515431136.png

This is a long thread and so many razors have been discussed. Is there an updated summary of all the razors similar to what was posted here?

Has the Wolfmann been discussed? They seem to offer a mild option as well.

This is a long thread and so many razors have been discussed. Is there an updated summary of all the razors similar to what was posted here?

Has the Wolfmann been discussed? They seem to offer a mild option as well.
Edit: he could put hot links for each razor on this conclusion so a reader can click and go to the post where he discusses it.
This links to his conclusion three pages back :ihih:

Those may be fake....not sure though. Every Polsilver I've ever had has super iridium and extra stainless printed on the blade. Maybe others will chime in.

From what I know (I live in Poland and did a little research), these are probably not fake, but this brand was produced differently in different years, in Poland, and then later in Russia...

@Kennyg2019
I see AS-D2 changed from an initial assessment for comfort/efficiency of 3/6 to 7/8. What changed? And is it possible it will change again.

Here I've been thinking I have been using the best mild razor. But given your reviews, I think I may need to try a Henson. Even though the Timeless is #1, I don't care for its looks.

@Kennyg2019
I see AS-D2 changed from an initial assessment for comfort/efficiency of 3/6 to 7/8. What made you change your assessment? And is it possible it will change again. I have used a EJ DE89 and would rate the AS-D2 far higher than that, but there was a learning curve for the AS-D2.

Here I've been thinking I have been using the best mild razor. :) But given your reviews, I think I may need to try a Henson. Even though the Timeless is your #1 pick, I don't care for its looks.

Apologies to @Kennyg2019 for answering questions for him. The short answer is several members helped him improve his technique for using it. The AS-D2 has a very narrow sweet spot and requires riding the cap. I believe he sent his first back and re-purchased a second after that. It should be in the page 20-30 region :wacko:

Apologies to @Kennyg2019 for answering questions for him. The short answer is several members helped him improve his technique for using it. The AS-D2 has a very narrow sweet spot and requires riding the cap. I believe he sent his first back and re-purchased a second after that. It should be in the page 20-30 region :wacko:
Thanks. So going by that, it sounds like the Henson "just works" then -- no learning curve or special technique needed?

@Kennyg2019
Here I've been thinking I have been using the best mild razor. :) But given your reviews, I think I may need to try a Henson. Even though the Timeless is your #1 pick, I don't care for its looks.
Just an FYI, he settled on the Henson mild. Although it is similar in feel to the AS-D2, the regular Henson has very little blade feel and is much more efficient. I have both in Aluminium.

Thanks. So going by that, it sounds like the Henson "just works" then -- no learning curve or special technique needed?
Yes that is the Henson's modus operandi. It is also why a number of experienced shavers grow tired of it. It forces a specific angle and won't adjust to improving technique. It just works, the same, every time. Also, if you do get the medium, you can dial back blade feel with narrower blades. Whereas with the mild, there is only one wider blade on the market if it isn't efficient enough. Second also, there is a waitlist if you want the titanium one. :devil:

Yes that is the Henson's modus operandi. It is also why a number of experienced shavers grow tired of it. It forces a specific angle and won't adjust to improving technique. It just works, the same, every time. Also, if you do get the medium, you can dial back blade feel with narrower blades. Whereas with the mild, there is only one wider blade on the market if it isn't efficient enough. Second also, there is a waitlist if you want the titanium one. :devil:
Thanks. I think I may be overthinking this and should just be happy with my AS-D2.

Henson is a fantastic razor. It's one of those that you can shave on cruise control without too much worry. Not much of a learning curve.
The Ti22 medium a top performer for me.

Thanks. I think I may be overthinking this and should just be happy with my AS-D2.
I have heard you should use a feather in the AS-D2. A further tweak would be to cross the streams by putting a KAI in the Feather. Don't blame me if it opens a black hole:a12:

I have heard you should use a feather in the AS-D2. A further tweak would be to cross the streams by putting a KAI in the Feather. Don't blame me if it opens a black hole:a12:
I have used a ton of different blades in it. Feather blades are too aggressive for me. My go to blade for the longest time was KAI. Then I discovered the long discontinued Gillette Platinum Plus, bought a stash of them, and have been using that for about 2 or 3 years now. I'm reasonably happy with my setup, but always interested if there is something that is going to offer a huge improvement. I shave with the same setup every day. I have a few left over KAI blades, so I use one of those every now and then.

I have used a ton of different blades in it. Feather blades are too aggressive for me. My go to blade for the longest time was KAI. Then I discovered the long discontinued Gillette Platinum Plus, bought a stash of them, and have been using that for about 2 or 3 years now. I'm reasonably happy with my setup, but always interested if there is something that is going to offer a huge improvement. I shave with the same setup every day. I have a few left over KAI blades, so I use one of those every now and then.
Interesting, I have some vintage Gillette blades. I haven't found a modern equivalent except the euro blue pack Gillette platinum maybe. For cheap stainless, I have a stash of Chinese Wilkinson Swords that I use in the medium Henson. They are much better than they should be. Otherwise, Gillette yellow are similar sharpness.

+1 for Henson! I have the AL13 mild and it is so smooth and efficient. Amazingly comfortable shave.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2x used feather today and tug tug rip ! nice weeper from the comb trying to get under the nose :) hahahahh

the comb really brought out how bad todays was BUT it had been used 2x ? first shave with it was fine I have other blades I like as much and are 1/4 or less the price

switched to the shark stainless and finished up great
straight vs comb again :)
and both are so nice but the comb is kinda leaning toward my fav for efficiency
prorasso green out of tube today and yeah just to much cooling feeling for me on my skin ? same with proraso preshave just not a fan of that feeling at all and almost turns to a burning after a bit :)

Top Bottom