What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Morley and Sons 5/8s... One of my first razors and still a favorite...
DSC_3111 - WH Morley & Sons.jpg

The Filarmonica 13 of the past week was like an opera aria of Mozart, light and catchy, something to sing along to. This Heljetrand No.6. is more of something by Wagner; heavy, unforgiving and sinister but also extremely effective as long as you know how to handle it. I love it and the other 6-7/8 Heljetrand razors that I'm the happy owner of.

20210507_225427.jpg

Saturday's Shave:
American Knife Co., Plymouth Hollow, Connecticut- Circa 1849-1875. Arrived yesterday. First time using! The seller said "shave ready" and I had some reservations. I gave it a paste strop treatment and tried it - it surpassed my expectations! I do need to look into honing and stopping a "smiling" edge (as my SR journey continues....)​
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

The Filarmonica 13 of the past week was like an opera aria of Mozart, light and catchy, something to sing along to. This Heljetrand No.6. is more of something by Wagner; heavy, unforgiving and sinister but also extremely effective as long as you know how to handle it. I love it and the other 6-7/8 Heljetrand razors that I'm the happy owner of.

View attachment 1263750

Awesome, i have a fili inbound, and also have a mk6, amazing shaver, interesting marking on tang, no 3 crowns? Awesome looking razor and scales[emoji3][emoji954]

Late post,
First time trying this rock and an Escher
Was an amazing experience to shave with something this old and rare
30 laps water only, zen feeling
( learning rock and how to extract goodness), frim this black hard, smooth diamond

Shave left me speechless for a first attempt
Cape 35

Thuringian Rare Mottled Black "Escher"
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom