What's new

Took the plunge and purchased six PAA soaps!

I enjoy almost all of the PAA soaps/aftershaves/Star Jellies. This presents a problem when selecting products. I know I can't afford them all, but I have no idea of what to get. I always seem to second guess myself when deciding which I want most, and I end up not purchasing anything. For me though, having too many choices is a good problem to have.

I enjoy almost all of the PAA soaps/aftershaves/Star Jellies. This presents a problem when selecting products. I know I can't afford them all, but I have no idea of what to get. I always seem to second guess myself when deciding which I want most, and I end up not purchasing anything. For me though, having too many choices is a good problem to have.

same with me.. I've spent nearly one hour on this order trying to decide which ones to get ..lol

I have yet to try the CK-6 base. I have several of their soaps from a few years ago before this base came out. His scents are fantastic. Gondolier is my favorite from the ones you picked. Also, the aftershaves are very strong. They last longer than a lot of my EdTs.

I wish I could try their aftershaves but due to US regulations and restrictions I think they won't ship alcohol based products to international destinations

This month I purchased and received the PAA travel scuttle. with it came free-a little sample soap entitled Phoenix Planet.
This soap smells divine and performs fantastic (no tallow in it but still great thick slick lather surprisingly).
So today I've order no less than six soaps of their CK-6 line : The Beach,John Frum,CaD,Gondolier,Supreme Sandalwood and Atomic Age Bay Rum.
A bit on the pricey side but ..oh well.. you live only once..

Cheers!

I just recently purchased 3 PAA soaps and aftershaves for the first time. I went with Cold Spices, Awesome Sauce and Good Vibrations. May end up getting The Beach for summer use. Like you, I got the sample soap from getting the travel mug. Tried it and liked it a lot. Scent was not my thing, but performance was top notch. All my soaps are the new CK-6 base and it's great....easy to lather, super slick and protective. Scents are great as well.. So far PAA ranks right up there with my other top performers....WSP, A&E, and B&M....maybe better.

I have considered Beach, but I think it's a scent I'd like to whiff first before purchasing. I may have to break down and get a sample. Growing up in AZ I've had plenty of sunscreen slathered on, so the notion of inhaling tanning oil is something that dampens my SAD, which is actually a good thing as I have an embarrassment of soap riches as it is.

See . . . now, as I sit here and ponder the question I can feel the Inner Enabler grinning, scheming. I have zero concerns about performance as the two PAA soaps I have are top notch. I know, I know, we don't shave with scent (per se), but for many of us the scent is part of the overall enjoyment of the experience. If Beach is slightly more aquatic, salty, dare I say 'beach-y' than beach-goer-y (follow that?) then I may--may (yeah, I'm looking at you Enabler)--have to reconsider my reluctance. A quick trip into my den should be enough to discourage further purchases. . . . he told himself not all too reassuringly.

I have considered Beach, but I think it's a scent I'd like to whiff first before purchasing. I may have to break down and get a sample. Growing up in AZ I've had plenty of sunscreen slathered on, so the notion of inhaling tanning oil is something that dampens my SAD, which is actually a good thing as I have an embarrassment of soap riches as it is.

See . . . now, as I sit here and ponder the question I can feel the Inner Enabler grinning, scheming. I have zero concerns about performance as the two PAA soaps I have are top notch. I know, I know, we don't shave with scent (per se), but for many of us the scent is part of the overall enjoyment of the experience. If Beach is slightly more aquatic, salty, dare I say 'beach-y' than beach-goer-y (follow that?) then I may--may (yeah, I'm looking at you Enabler)--have to reconsider my reluctance. A quick trip into my den should be enough to discourage further purchases. . . . he told himself not all too reassuringly.

To my nose Beach smells a little like Hawaiian Tropic suntan oil but with a little less coconut smell. It's definitely a summer scent. I have a sample of it and used it once so far. All day I felt like I was vacationing at the beach.

performance was top notch. All my soaps are the new CK-6 base and it's great....easy to lather, super slick and protective. Scents are great as well.. So far PAA ranks right up there with my other top performers....WSP, A&E, and B&M....maybe better.

Till recently I was a Proraso red fanboy. Loved the scent (still do) and the slickness BUT then I tried Arko which has better slickness but not a likeable scent (not repulsive by any means ,just not the kind of smell you crave for)
AND THEN.. came PAA which has both worlds: scent and slickness.
and Also I liked the fact that it's tallow-free, vegan friendly..

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just had a great shave with PAA Atmotic.

Though their "The Cube" is awesome, you don't even need it with their already excellent soaps! 🤣 It helps lame ones that are worth using for their scent...

AA

Just had a great shave with PAA Atmotic.

Though their "The Cube" is awesome, you don't even need it with their already excellent soaps! 🤣 It helps lame ones that are worth using for their scent...

AA

I used to use Proraso Pre-shave cream but I figured that if you're using an EXCELLENT soap then you don't need one.

All this fan talk and I'm more excited to take delivery of my order next week. I've used up a couple of tubs of Gondolier and Sangre De Drago, both awesome soaps, so I'm looking forward to some new flavors.

I'm not sure the samples are a good idea. I bought a bunch and now I want everything I sampled. 🤣

ahaha, that's def an issue. I've got lucky with them I guess, have sampled most of the current scents and really only loved a few, rest were just ok to my nose, so saved myself a lot of spending.

Top Bottom