What's new

Took the plunge and purchased six PAA soaps!

ahaha, that's def an issue. I've got lucky with them I guess, have sampled most of the current scents and really only loved a few, rest were just ok to my nose, so saved myself a lot of spending.

Could you please share What you liked and what you didn't? for future purchasing consideration ..

Last edited:
I can try, but it's been a while! The ones I LOVED are Solstice, Doppleganger Gold, CaD, and Copalli. Doppleganger tricolor, Gondolier, Garden of Bali, Good Vibrations, Mega Flora were all nice too. Most of the others I tried didn't do much for me, but none were bad or anything. A lot seem kinda busy for me, too much going on. The only ones that really turned me off were some of the seasonals like the fruit cake, egg nog, monstroso, but I don't like overly sweet scents usually.

Till recently I was a Proraso red fanboy. Loved the scent (still do) and the slickness BUT then I tried Arko which has better slickness but not a likeable scent (not repulsive by any means ,just not the kind of smell you crave for)
AND THEN.. came PAA which has both worlds: scent and slickness.
and Also I liked the fact that it's tallow-free, vegan friendly..

If only PAA was as inexpensive as Proraso and Arko...

I have a couple splashes - Good Vibrations and Doppleganger Green (Paco Rabanne) - that I’d consider trading for a nice edt. Could be convinced to match up the Doppleganger soap (CK6) as well.

Package arrived today..
Can't wait to try them out..

Attachments

• PAA sops.jpg
    PAA sops.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 26
Just had a great shave with PAA Atmotic.

Though their "The Cube" is awesome, you don't even need it with their already excellent soaps! 🤣 It helps lame ones that are worth using for their scent...

AA
I'm getting close to the end of my tub of Atmotic. My Tabac is slicker, the Arko, Stirling, and La Toja all lather more strongly . . . but there is something very haunting and attractive about the scent of the Atmotic.

I've never tried any PAA. For those who are fans, you might be interested in the secret soap menu (or just search their site for "secret menu"). Looks like they blend two scents into one soap.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've never tried any PAA. For those who are fans, you might be interested in the secret soap menu (or just search their site for "secret menu"). Looks like they blend two scents into one soap.

OH WOW! I never knew that was there! Thank you so much for your post!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Yes, they're all CK-6..I'm happy and poor..:D

I have one of their soaps in CK-6, Space Nog. It's definitely more slick than their regular formula, of which I have several, but, to me, their regular CK formula is pretty good. I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of that delivery...good shave soap, great scents!

The only one I have tried was the CK Big Shave S'West. It was fantastic. In fact, if I did not have so many soaps in my stash I would have replaced it with another CK6 based soap.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I'm getting close to the end of my tub of Atmotic. My Tabac is slicker, the Arko, Stirling, and La Toja all lather more strongly . . . but there is something very haunting and attractive about the scent of the Atmotic.

Nobody else is doing a ginger/wood scent, for sure.

I just got a second PAA package (in a month!) myself ... :tongue_sm

AA

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I have one of their soaps in CK-6, Space Nog. It's definitely more slick than their regular formula, of which I have several, but, to me, their regular CK formula is pretty good. I'm sure you will enjoy the heck out of that delivery...good shave soap, great scents!

Shaved today with regular formula Solstice and loved it! Sweetgrass and Palo Santo. And I actually have a twist of sweetgrass from the Black Hills, and a few real wood sticks of palo santo from the hippie shop - the scent is on.

Yesterday was a secret "mash-up" of CK-6 ESP and CK-6 John Frum. Both regular and CK-6 bases are simply excellent: I noted today the regular base perhaps took an extra 20-30 seconds of brush work and the CK-6 (while quicker) was a bit thirstier.

Don't ask me what the mash-up soap smells like. Like an overworked drug dog, my nose just "sat down" trying to isolate the notes! :letterk1: Enough to say, it smells great.

OP should be in shave paradise for a while with all those! o_O

AA

Last edited:
M

member 119848

For those who don´t know there are hidden soaps on PAA´s site.
You have to use the search bar to find them.
"Coconut Jump" for example, or "Supreme Sandal Nuts". I´ve got the latest and it has a divine scent...

Top Bottom