What's new

New Mühle Companion - an unisex razor

R

romsitsa

Nice, I'll get one for my armpits and other parts and keep my old ones for my face.
Till today I used a "mens" razor for everything, but now I see how wrong I was.
Steel and zamak, match made in heaven.

milder not necessarily means less efficient. This razor seems to have a totally different geometry than the R89, tighter blade clamping, more controlled angle and exposure. It might be surprisingly efficient
Totally agree with this statement. The whole concept of mild/aggressive seem to fall apart with modern razors. I prefer to go with the terms comfortable/rough to describe the shave quality. There are many razors that folks consider mild but are actually very efficient when shaving and many that folks say are aggressive, but it still takes me three passes to get something close to a DFS. The Companion looks like an interesting design which I might try out one day. I am not sure about taking a zamak razor in the shower though, even if it comes with a wrist cord.

I have shaved in the steam sauna shower long time and not only my beard but never ever wanted a razor on a rope? I paracorded my genesis once because to slick but a rope around my wrist?

And that marketing now woman can shave with a de? C’mon they did before carts existed.... allmost as bad as gillette selling its razor as an edger.
And these days sell it gender neutral cyclists shave legs tooo.

Ok on the plus could be a nice razor with that geometry and I like mild. I like the kcg oh that was a 89 copy? and if you ever have to shave on a boat or in a stream that cord could be handy... or to hang it on the Wall next to soap on a rope. Grabbing in a razor brrr

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have used a Lady Gillette Star razor many times and found it excellent, but I do not care for this new razor, nor for the idea of it. YMMV.

There is no substantive market for this item. I give it 6 months. The R89 already does everything this razor claims to do, and probably does it better. Wish I had better news.

But the good news for Muhle is I'm not a prophet.

It makes sense for the razor to be mild, since it's unisex. I think the bottom part where the string is can be removed, so it's not that bad at all. The other thing is that this razor is patented, which is the second modern razor aside from the Tartara Muramasa currently on the market atm. Not that the Chinese give a damn about patterns though. I'm sure some people on the forum are going to buy it when it's released and I would like to know more about it.

EDIT: The price isn't very high (around 50$) and it's probably made out of zamak.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I don't think the target market is grumpy bearmen from B&B 😄

The marketing is spot on.
I agree the target market is probably younger men and women. I suspect however that current levels of DE usage by both younger men and younger women are too low for a unisex product like this to be successful; time will tell.

I'm all for more consumer choices, but a razor on a rope, no less even milder than the R89, doesn't interest me at all. YMMV.

Besides, I would rather wait until the release of the companion Mühle Silvertip Fibre brush on a rope...

I agree the target market is probably younger men and women. I suspect however that current levels of DE usage by both younger men and younger women are too low for a unisex product like this to be successful; time will tell.

I really can't think ANY DE razor is successful by global distribution standards.

So I don't understand how this point could be hold against this new one in particular.

Especially since we saw plenty of grumpy bearman's razors go out of production after a single small batch of a few dozen razors, then lost in the sands of time.

Top Bottom