What's new

New Mühle Companion - an unisex razor

I didn't get it when stuff on a rope made an appearance in the 1970's.

1619564185804.png

I am not at all sold as well on the rope, but the handle design is really nice and unique. I am sure also that the the rope can be easily removed.
In Europe, I believe there is a market for shaving legs with a safety razor, away from chemicals and disposable / plastic razors. This can be considered as part of the movement to move as far away as possible from plastics and at the same time use natural "bio" shaving products.

The rope sucks but I love the handle design and head design looks like a very small blade reveal, like ATT Windsor.

If that's the case, it'll be a very comfortable shaver!

The razor itself looks great. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the string at the bottom makes the whole unit look unnecessarily and almost offensively... feminine.
My thoughts exactly... but then it's advertised as "unisex" (whatever the f__k that means).

Seems like they are catering to today's non-binary, gender-fluid "new normal" perceptions and trying to create a market for a product that embodies that spirit of "let-them-boys-use-the-girls-bathroom", but what do I know...

My thoughts exactly... but then it's advertised as "unisex" (whatever the f__k that means).

Seems like they are catering to today's non-binary, gender-fluid "new normal" perceptions and trying to create a market for a product that embodies that spirit of "let-them-boys-use-the-girls-bathroom", but what do I know...

Hey, it's not like they're discontinuing any of their classic razors or other products, only adding a new and different model. If the razor on a rope appeals to new (or old) wet shavers, men or women, that's good for both the hobby and Muhle.

While it doesn't appeal to me, I still support choice in the marketplace and manufacturers and vendors taking risks and trying to expand their audience.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
The curved shape on the side of the head will prevent us from laying the razor firmly on the table, reducing the choice of placement.

The same thing happened on al lupo, and then the design was changed on ss lupo.

You can choose the color of your razor's rope cord, and collect the entire set.

They're also focusing on the de shaving as "eco-conscious" marketing.

Again, definitely not targeting to me, but I can certainly understand who might like it.

From a marketing standpoint, it reminds me of the Leaf and Twig razors, just with less innovation.

I assume they will have a hard time to sell a razor for a retail price of 39 EUR to younger people since there is already a (cordless, but long handled) DE alternative broadly available in the drugstores (King C Gillette razor, retails for approx. 15-18 EUR in Europe).

I'm not overly interested in this type of razor, since it's likely too mild for my use case - but the handle and the head design really looks kind of cool.

It might be a suitable razor for dome shavers...? (Again, that's not my use case, lucky me.).

Reviews, anyone?

Last edited:
Top Bottom