What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, PAA Unscented Cube
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap: Arianna & Evans Cannablis Santal
Bowl: Georgetown Pottery G-20 Scuttle
Brush: Semogue Cherry Handle SOC Boar
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Nice mindless shave.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Wednesday Shave 03/03/21

Razor: Game Changer .68 Open Comb
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing - RasoZero Barbacco
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar

10/10

20210303_100343_kindlephoto-35571144.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Wed 3rd SOTD with New Budget AC Setup!!
Soap
Ach Brito Mogno - Super Slick!!
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Yaqi AC razor - New and terrific!
Blade
Feather ProGuard - New and terrific too!
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Received my new budget AC set up at a very affordable cost!
Use my slickest soaps among all as a precaution. Man...this soap is super-duper slick!! The lather quality and performance is outstanding! The scent is pleasant too.
Razor is kinda light but still heavier than the other aluminum. The top-cap thread seems crooked but it fits perfectly. Quite easy to load the blade and all. I've heard and seen so many AC shaves that I was a bit apprehensive...hahaha, worried unnecessarily.

The shave with razor paired with the blade was nothing short of awesomeness and was amazing!! I never knew shaving can be so soft, so smooth, so comfortable...and yet so sharp and efficient! What an experience!! The razor angle is easy to find...more shallow than steep...so easy to maneuver (especially under the nose) and it really covers more area...
After 3 silky soft passes, I get one of my closest shaves yet, especially for the adam apple area. Atg on trouble chin and lips area was silky smooth too! A wow shave experience! The aftershave was an excellent finish. Rating 10/10!!
View attachment 1231008
View attachment 1231009
The reason it is so smooth & comfortable is the blade, the guarded blade is marvelous creation IMO.
Good to see you enjoying Yaqi latest creation.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Mar 3rd 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 Stainless steel- MFG 2021> excellent mid range razor, easy carefree shave with good results.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood, excellent lather properties, nice scent.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips with excellent scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum & sandal wood with clove :001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm,
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 + Gillette Nacet blade(tossed)

DE SOTD, Mar 3rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

The reason it is so smooth & comfortable is the blade, the guarded blade is marvelous creation IMO.
Good to see you enjoying Yaqi latest creation.
Thanks for your info, much appreciated. How about the Feather Professional blades in comparison to this ProGuard? I have to decide in a few more shaves if I will get more Proguard (cheaper locally but limited stocks) or go to Ebay for the Professional.

Thanks and for tomorrow's shave will be using the lighter version - Aluminum AC...let's see any difference.

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Brown)
Blade: GEM - Carbon (7)
Brush: Yaqi - Aqua Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Zingari Man - The Duo (BBS Live)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Retro Man
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Lotion EX
79D99CEB-3C9D-4930-BE5B-5D4CABDB571C.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Having a Brown Out
Same model Treet razor as my last shave, except this one has a brown handle. The same GEM Carbon blade also, so you can easily deduce that my shave was pretty much the same as the last one. I gave it the usual ten strops per side.

This soap has slickness, but doesn’t retain the residual glide of most of the lathers I’ve been using. I usually do a bit of back and forth, multi directional strokes on my neck, so I had to remember to keep slapping on more lather to retain glide. A little more work and consideration, but got my BBS without any irritation.

“salutant te qui ad radi”

1614785561580.jpeg

Brush: Wolf Whiskers / 24mm Declaration Grooming B11
Soap: Zingari Man - The Wanderer
Razor: Razorock Lupo .72
Blade: Personna Med Prep

9/10: Rising the cap, probably the best shave I’ve had with the Lupo. I’m not sure I get it with this razor. It has plenty of blade feel, the ability to get you so you have to be careful, but it also seems less efficient than others in its range. It’s gotten better, so I will stick with it for a while.

Partly cloudy- 78F forecasted high today.

Wednesday shave, full three-pass, 9+/10, DFS-close to BBS, I tried a a cold water rinse before the third pass and it seemed to work well, one little weeper, otherwise clean:

Pre-shave: used the water from the puck bloom after washing my face
Razor: Feather DX Japanese style
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Brush: Omega Jade boar brush- I let the bristles soak for a good ten minutes. The brush was delightfully soft and made great lather.
Soap: LEA- lather was much nicer this try. I let the puck bloom while the brush soaked. This soap has been a bit tricky for me to use, but I think I'm there now. Needs a heavy load with a damp brush for me. It's not bad, but I don't get quite as nice a lather as I do with MWF, perhaps a bit less cushion?
Post-shave: cold rinse, alum, cold rinse, Master's Bay Rum AS, then Nivea Face Lotion for the SPF 15 sunscreen. This Nivea was a TJ Maxx pick up; if I see more, I'll get it. The tube is small, but it goes pretty far.

I spend time each day reading through all your posts in this thread; thank you all for sharing your shaves. B&B, and this thread in particular, has been helpful to me in passing the time during this protracted sheltering. I've learned a lot about so many interesting products!

Hope your hump day is great!

PXL_20210303_162013194.jpg

20210302_082539.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson's Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Rating 9.5. She bit me!

Razor: GEM Micromatic Open Comb, chrome plated, with the two bumps on the baseplate
Blade: GEM by Personna SS PTFE (14!)
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 Best Badger
Soap: Cella, in the red tub
Rating: 10

Perfect shave again this morning on 2 days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes. No nicks, burning, or irritation. Blade is still going strong after 14 shaves; I will try to stretch it to 20 before replacement.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Jack Black Deep Dive Glycolic Facial Cleanser
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-Shave Oil
- The Goodfellas' Smile Savage Shaving Soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Simple Kind to Skin Alcohol Free Soothing Facial Toner
- Hylamide Low-Molecular Hyaluronic acid
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Dolce & Gabbana The One aftershave balm
- Jack Black Double Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Gillette Slim Adjustable
- Israeli Red (2) and Vikings Sword (2)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Shave Rating: 8.5/10
I've been pretty swamped at work this week but decided I needed to take some time out to relax so spent my lunch hour have a nice leisurely shave. I don't know what it is about shaving, but I find it very relaxing and almost therapeutic when I don't have to rush.
Second shave comparing a Vikings Sword and an Israeli Red in my Slim Adjustable (set at 7 throughout), one blade for the right side of my face, one for the left. Again, these two Israeli made Personna blades performed very similarly and very well. The VS felt a touch sharper again, but it there really isn't much in it. I'll switch sides again on Fridays shave and see if longevity starts to come into play.
Overall a pleasant shave no irritation although a couple of weepers where I caught the top of a spot on my neck so some feedback from the Alum block on those spots.

Proraso white,SW Pomona sample,Yaqi 24mm, Schick injector, Taconic eucalyptus mint AS, Thayers unscented, SW Lycanthropy balm/splash.
Another good shave from this Schick. These SW samples could provide 8-10 shaves potentially. Doesn’t take much. Rating:8.9 (couple weepers on upper lip after ATG touch up)
52B7E364-7C41-4EA3-9603-6DD82D37D78D.jpeg

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wednesday afternoon shave

Razor: Gold Dollar
Brush: Boar
Soap: PdP 63

Excellent shave. First time trying this soap, nice creamy lather, smells great, user friendly, welcome aboard! I like the workings of the GD, feels great, ugly scales not withstanding. All in good time. Happy Wednesday!
EA366848-1AA6-4AE8-ABC8-B015924877D6.jpeg

9/10

- Prep: Shower and PdP63 soap on a rope
- Brush: Simpson Tulip 3
- Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
- Blade: Personna Israeli Red (2)
- Soap: Pre de Provence No. 63
- Aftershave: PdP63 balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Perfect shave today. Great soap, razor, blade and brush. Can’t get any smoother without ripping my skin off. 😜

10/10

720979ED-CEA0-4BA3-9617-DD8EA24F4F4E.jpeg

Proraso Pre Shave White
WSP Formula T Barbershop Soap
Semogue 830 Boar Brush
PAA Intergalactic Scuttle
REX Ambassador
Voskhod (1)
Shave Nation Alum Stick
T.N Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Clubman Pinaud Whiskey Woods

I rate my shave a 9.5/10, with one little weeper on my chin. I face lathered but used the PAA scuttle to keep the brush warm between passes, which worked great. I tried the "Gillette slide" on setting 3 for the first pass, and then XTG on setting 2 for the second pass. Overall a really enjoyable DFS.
proxy.php

Sent from Banjo_Billy using Tapatalk

My Wednesday Morning Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Buck 39 Salient Straight Razor by Caleb Cooper G10 Scales​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Quilted Sapele w/ 24mm Mother Load​
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Shaving Soap​
Facial Toner: Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic​
Aftershave Splash: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Splash - Alcohol and Menthol Free​
Aftershave Balm: Murphy & McNeil Crann Bethadh Aftershave Balm​
9.8/10 DFS! No irritation! No nicks!

Top Bottom