What's new

What's Your Brush Today?

This is my first use of this Rubberset 500 with a new Shave Forge Silvertip knot installed.

I had another knot installed (I think a finest or super) and while I like scritch it went beyond scritch to scratch IMHO.

Fortunately I had only siliconed it in and so I put that in another brush that I was selling on the bay and installed this knot.

The SF Silvertip is a nice, soft, luxurious knot. To be honest, I've learned the silvertip is just outside my preferred zone because it has no scritch at all. Like, I can't really tell I'm using a brush, I just feel the soap. That's nice every now and then but I like the scritch.

However, it pairs VERY WELL with this Rubberset 500. The loft is 52mm on a 20mm knot - which doesn't provide a ton of backbone. But, I can't go any further or I would drill into the clear bottom part of the handle. I was a little worried how that would work, but since it's a soft fluffy pillow with very little backbone it really spreads out and really adds to the soft, luxurious feel.

This won't be my most frequently used brush but it definitely has earned a place as a keeper in my den both due to it's looks and the difference of feel I get from it compared to my other regular brushes.

PXL_20210203_151105608.jpg

Top Bottom