What's new

Shave Roulette

The Bolzano is another "new to me" blade. I do hope that they are less dull than the Treet Platinums. However my trustworthy yet grungy Slim will be the razor for another blade debut.
Tempting...

Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Limes SC
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1) 20201112_175516-01.jpeg

Got a flawless shave with the Bolzano this morning. It appears the Bolzano is a mid sharp (plus) blade. Nice and smooth. Now it will be interesting to see whether the Bolzano delivers in terms of longevity.

OK, gentleman, it is time for today's number, which I will apply to tomorrow morning's shave.

Spin...............

Enjoy your randomly selected shave!

OK, gentleman, it is time for today's number, which I will apply to tomorrow morning's shave.

Spin...............

Enjoy your randomly selected shave!

I am expecting a mild shave today...

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie
Razor: Merkur 15c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)

My shave this morning, based on the random numbers, was a shave I NEVER would have done without the roulette game.

I ended up with the Graydog brush (my best brush), the cream again (I NEVER use creams), the Mythus, and, for clean-up, the Fatip Gentile. So, two of the four were things I would have never used.

I had a GREAT shave this morning. I put more cream in the bowl and made sure the brush was drier when i started lathering, adding water very slowly, and was able to get a pretty good lather from the cream. The scent is heavenly! The first pass with the Mythus is not as smooth as the first pass with the Feather SS, but I'm not sure whether that is because of the razor or because I have a Feather ProGuard in the Mythus versus a Schick Proline in the SS. First pass reduction is similar, though. It just feels a bit harsher with the Mythus/ProGuard.

I also figured out a way to get a CCS/DFS with only two passes total. Previously I was doing two passes above the jaw line and three passes on the neck. I am happy because if I can get just as good a shave with two passes I think in the long run it is better for my skin.

Anyway, long story short I had an excellent shave with stuff that I would never have chosen if it weren't for the Roulette!

I will post the new number in about three hours.

I am expecting a mild shave today...

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ Jackie
Razor: Merkur 15c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
20201113_162301-01.jpeg

Today's shave ended up almost too mild. Needed 3 passes to get to the disered DFS-level. At least I got no irritation. So still a good shave.

Finished the Gentleman's Nod sample today. I will replace it with RR Dead Sea but won't have the chance to alter my list prior to the next spin.

Last edited:
View attachment 1181840

Today's shave ended up almost too mild. Needed 3 passes to get to the disered DFS-level. At least I got no irritation. So still a good shave.

Finished the Gentleman's Nod sample today. I will replace it with RR Dead Sea but won't have the chance to alter my list prior to the next spin.
You sure won't, because the next spin is coming right now!

SPIN!

Enjoy your next randomized shave!

So this will be Saturday's shave:

Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Limes SC
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)

Looks nice.

Well, folks, I am going to spin a little early today. This spin will be for any shaves done tonight or tomorrow morning. Just wanted to put the number out there while I was thinking about it so I didn’t forget.

Ready, set, SPIN!

Enjoy your shaves!

I never have paired my Future clone with a BIC. Need to be cautious in terms of cranking up the setting of the razor as otherwise I might end up scalping my face...

Haslinger's Schafsmilch is a perfect match to start a relaxed Sunday. Well done @kingfisher

Eben Stone

Staff member
My Ikon Tek experiments are done. What an awesome razor. Well I'm now back in the game!

XXXX => Bigelow, Muhle black fiber v2, Muhle R41, Personna Lab Blue

^^ great expectations

And mine is back to the Type A. Nice. Looking forward to the cream again, too. Not much experience with it. This will be second use ever.
BCFED0D8-B5E5-4DE2-A956-C885AC2CEDC0.jpeg

Hi guys,
I'm joining in! I don't have enough gear to fill them all out so I rolled to see what got duplicated. I only have a Rockwell 6s so I'm letting the wheel pick my base plate. I didn't repeat R1 and R2 because they're not my favourites and I don't want this to be too much of a drag! This could get interesting, the first thing I thought of was a combination I really didn't want (I live in a cold flat so the menthol options aren't too appealing as Winter dawns here in the UK!) but I look forward to having some preconceptions broken!

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 09.49.24.png

Top Bottom