What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It’s the PJ012 Jim. It looks and feels like chrome. When you scroll down under specifications they list it as zinc alloy + pe. It seems like it is chrome plated. It is not really that heavy. The razor fits very well and it is not tippy. There is a plastic cup or liner inside. It will not mark the razor at all I used it with the Grande. When Lo Storto was ordered, I ordered a couple more. They take a long time to get here.

Perfect and complete answer. Thanks so much, John. The fact that it's not tippy is super important.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: EJ Badger Medium Super
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood
Aftershave: Proraso Green (Splash)
031_40.jpg

My second shave was a very nice dfs shave. There was no feed back on a three pass shave when applying aftershave. My skin looks great and not over shaved. I get the best feedback from the blade cutting when I use more pressure, and riding the bar to push the skin up. This doesn't cause any increased irritation. Riding the bar, riding the bar (Sung to the tune of Breaking the Law by Judas Priest).

SOTD: 9/1/2020
Razor: LEAF Razor & Fatip Lo Storto (slant OC)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3) & Gillette Platinum (1)
Brush: Simpson T-3
Pre-shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: RozoRock Chicago
Post Shave: Clubman Whiskey Woods
Hyaluronic Acid
BBS, no weepers, no blood, no feedback.

Okay, got the FOCS today. Decided to use the LEAF on my head and use the new razor to shave around the beard and back of my neck. Very smooth and would reckon it is more efficient than the Gentile LoStorto. So I will try a head shave tomorrow should be good.
First run for the T-3 today as well, seems like a pretty nice brush. Certainly much easier to splay than what I imagined, overall does a nice job.

proxy.php

I admit I tried my RR 68JAWS today. I got a great shave but it isn’t the FOCS. Just isn’t. Took some buffing and for some reason, it does not seem to leave as much lather behind the teeth as the Fatip.

I guess unless a stainless copy is ever created, I have found “the one”.

I admit I tried my RR 68JAWS today. I got a great shave but it isn’t the FOCS. Just isn’t. Took some buffing and for some reason, it does not seem to leave as much lather behind the teeth as the Fatip.

I guess unless a stainless copy is ever created, I have found “the one”.

I feel the same. I’ve been running the new to me 39c for a couple of weeks and went with the 37c for this week. I just use them to remind me how much better the FOCS is and how much I love it.

It will get used exclusively for OCtober so I’ll get plenty of time with it. I may not even use it until the 27th and then just not stop until Halloween. I should really appreciate it by then, if more appreciation is even possible.

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What about just plain brass? I think that would be nice. Folks loved the brass Colonial General, but I only have their SS.

Nickel plating is generally my preference if chrome and nickel versions are offered. I might order a nickel when and if one becomes available. SS, same.

The chrome plating is perfectly fine though, according to me.

I wonder how the Fatip slants are selling compared with their other models?

Happy shaves,

Jim

What about just plain brass? I think that would be nice. Folks loved the brass Colonial General, but I only have their SS.

Nickel plating is generally my preference if chrome and nickel versions are offered. I might order a nickel when and if one becomes available. SS, same.

The chrome plating is perfectly fine though, according to me.

I wonder how the Fatip slants are selling compared with their other models?

Happy shaves,

Jim
I'd deffo buy a plain brass FOCS.

Top Bottom