What's new

*Fatip Slant*

Four day beard
Pre shave oil-random brand I got for free
Soap-Arko
Blade-rapira SS
Razor- FOCS
Aftershave- Superdrug forest fresh

Smoothest & least irritating shave yet & no alum feedback.
Stuck with a two pass WTG then ATG. Little if any buffing for a very nice BBS result.

This is one of the best efficient/aggressive razors I have ever used. To people struggling with irritation I recommend trying to reduce the passes.
I also ride the guard & I feel the Rapira Swedish supersteel has elevated this razors performance for me YMMV.

To people struggling with irritation I recommend trying to reduce the passes.
I went from a three pass to an ATG single pass while using the Grande. This was a major improvement in irritation and comfort. Lo Storto added more improvement. Fatip design for comfort and efficiency is unbeatable for many shavers.

I also ride the guard & I feel the Rapira Swedish supersteel has elevated this razors performance for me YMMV.
I‘m also a cap surfer big time. I’m doing blade trials now, it’s a lot of fun.

I got a great shave today with the Razorock German 37 slant. :laugh:

Can I hear from some folks that have both the Fatip OC slant and the German 37 -- am I really going to experience a great improvement? Mostly using the Piccolo, German 37 and pre-war Tech these days. I'm happy with those for the time being, anyway.
I have a RR German 37 and it is not even close in smoothness. Arguably the efficiency is better with Lo Storto, I haven’t used the 37 in quite awhile. I only have it because it didn’t sell on my BST sale. After Lo Storto it wasn’t an option for my shave anymore.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
:yikes:
You'll have to catch me first.
giphy.gif

Fatip Lo Stroto Closed Comb: A kind of different fairytale.

As you are very well aware fairytales end with ''hapilly ever after''.

Well, in my case so far the hapilly part does not seem to fit.
No matter what blade I use (Wilkinson,GSB,Platinum, ASTRA SP/SS,BIC,Feather,Voskhod,Permasharp) the results are not good (apart from 2 acceptable shaves with a Rubie but the third one was also poor).
I get a lot of burn, irritation and tiny nicks no matter if I ride the cap or bar plus my usuall WTG+XTG passes don't give me the pleasant DFS i get from EJ316 or the Rockwell 6C.

I got the closed comb based on the fact that my OC Grande is a little too aggressive for my daily shave.

No matter what blade I use (Wilkinson,GSB,Platinum, ASTRA SP/SS,BIC,Feather,Voskhod,Permasharp) the results are not good (apart from 2 acceptable shaves with a Rubie but the third one was also poor).
I get a lot of burn, irritation and tiny nicks no matter if I ride the cap or bar plus my usuall WTG+XTG passes don't give me the pleasant DFS i get from EJ316 or the Rockwell 6C.

I got the closed comb based on the fact that my OC Grande is a little too aggressive for my daily shave.
I have read here that folks with both think the OC is smoother, more efficient and leads to less irritation due to more soap at the blade. I have lots of “mild” razors and the FOCS is more comfortable and more efficient than any.

I just bought a RRGCJAWS just to see if it could out fox the FOCS.

I am a believer in open combs in the right razor.

Last edited:
I have read here that folks with both think the OC is smoother, more efficient and leads to less irritation due to more soap at the blade. I have lots of “mild” razors and the FOCS is more comfortable and more efficient than any.

I just bought a RRGCJAWS just to see if it could out fox the FOCS.

I am a believer in open combs in the right razor.
I had both and the closed comb was horrible compared to the open comb.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

1598914835904.png

John, do you know which of the two or three yours is? Is it metal? Heavy enough?

Thanks so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1148220

John, do you know which of the two or three yours is? Is it metal? Heavy enough?

Thanks so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim
It’s the PJ012 Jim. It looks and feels like chrome. When you scroll down under specifications they list it as zinc alloy + pe. It seems like it is chrome plated. It is not really that heavy. The razor fits very well and it is not tippy. There is a plastic cup or liner inside. It will not mark the razor at all I used it with the Grande. When Lo Storto was ordered, I ordered a couple more. They take a long time to get here.

I get a lot of burn, irritation and tiny nicks no matter if I ride the cap or bar
Your description is too much pressure regardless of razor. I do not have an Ej316 but I did own and shave with a Rockwell 6s. These are milder razors and you are probably getting away with that pressure on those razors. Fatips are more efficient razors you must be very light handed, no pressure.

The same answear for the Grande. If you lighten up and can shave with the Grande smooth and comfortable. Than try Lo Storto. They are smoother but also more effficient.

1598938134643.jpeg

used the Losorto w bar again today (middle of the pic) w some of the sisters
Astra Plat 1st
Proraso Red Pre
RR Firenze
Maggards synthetic
2 pass head shave
Then half a face w same razor vs Leaf w Crystal #2

Astra w the Lisorto OC is the best; today i got a nasty irritating shave. Not super close, but burns like hell (both face nd worse head). No cuts
Leaf was less irritating.
This fatip lisorto is going to a box AGAIN
Witchhazel medicated (burn)
AS RR Firenze (burn)
Proraso Blue balm
AquaVelva 5-1

Last edited:
View attachment 1148388
used the Losorto w bar again today
Astra Plat 1st
Proraso Red Pre
RR Firemze
Maggarda synthetic
2 pass head shave
Then half a face w same razor vs Leaf w Crystal #2

Astra w the Lisorto OC is the best; today i got a nasty irritating shave. Not super close, but burns like hell (both face nd worse head). No cuts
Leaf was less irritating.
This fatip lisorto is going to a box AGAIN

Interesting. I thought everyone loves the OCS.

Top Bottom