What's new

Okay, fess up. When you started this year you had enough shave soap in the house to last at least a year

Started the year with 4, currently have 3. I'm in the sabbatical so no purchases for me though I have looked around to see what I might want when I finally do need replacements which may still be a year or two from now.

Yep, toss me into that mix, as well. Just with the two jars of MdC I'm stocked for years! And that's not counting all the others soaps that some way or another ended up in my den. But I'm glad I kept buying because I've discovered the best soap I've ever used. And I found it just this year!

So don't stop folks, the best might still be yet to come!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Started the year with a lifetime supply.

Have probably added one or two more lifetimes (so far ;)) this year.

Variety is the spice of my shaving life and my Lovely Bride is very supportive of my various Shaving-related Acquisition Disorders. ;)

Four so far:
Razorock "For New York" tagged along with a used Merkur Progress.
Stirling "Autumn Glory" & "Christmas Eve" on clearance.
Modern WMS from the grocery store.

I don't think I'll ever use up what i have, and haven't bought any for a long time. Just don't use much for a two pass shave.

Have a good stash of Arko and Derby sticks plus 8 other soaps in my rotation.

So I really didn't need to buy anything new.

But I still bought a few new soaps this year anyway.

But of course, I had enough for a year, maybe 5... you divine fool you. I purchased six more in February. Surprisingly, the enforced segregation seems to have caused me to "use" rather than "acquire" the rest of the year!

Alright, I'll bite, which one.
I have tried many soaps, & have had different favorites. Included in my list would be DG, GD, A&E, WK, & most recently MdC. But this past winter I found the best of the best, Ethos Grooming Essentials. They have several scents, my particular favorite is Lavender. IMHO, it's the best for slickness, cushion, residual slickness, & post-shave. You'll see it in most of my Shave of the Day photos.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Started the year with 9 soaps and creams, the Mrs was concerned I had too many for my own personal use.
Persuaded my oldest son to give up Gillette goop and start DE shaving and introduced another son to DE. Problem solved now I'm buying for 3

Started the year with around 25 and now have around 24 because I gave one to a co-worker yesterday. I decided a year and a half ago that the amount I have is completely ridiculous and if I manage to live for another 20 years I might have them used up since I only shave every 3 days give or take. In the 4 and a half years I have been in this I have used up only 2 completely.

Top Bottom