What's new

What's in your pocket today?

Literal minded fellow that I am, there is the usual unnecessary disclaimer that no, not all of this is in my pocket. In fact, when I go out this afternoon with some friends to a restaurant that is now reopened with outdoor seating, I will likely have only the Sheaffer, a mechanical pencil to be determined, and a very small pocket notebook.

But what you see here is a Sheaffer School pen with a Sheaffer Blue-Black Cartridge, a Pilot Custom Heritage 92, FM nib, De Atramentis Document Blue ink, and a vintage wood pencil, an Eagle 314 draughting pencil. Nice if you can find them at a reasonable price, and I have a dozen-ish left. The notebooks are a Nanami Seven Seas Tomoe River blank journal, and a U.S. Art Supply 8.5 x 5.5 inch sketchbook. I'll probably regret posting one of my amateurish sketches, but what the heck. It's been something to keep me occupied.

IYPTD1 (1).jpg

Wine colored Sheaffer Sagaris with the blue/black ink cartridge that came with it. Really stoked to take it for a test write tomorrow as it's my first brand new Sheaffer. I have a few 1930s and 40s era vintage Sheaffers and it will be interesting to see how the new one compares.

In my shirt pocket:

Pencil: vintage Esterbrook, with the name of a company, "Dearborn Machine Div.".
Fountain pen: Pilot Vanishing Point. This one has a 1.1 mm stub nib, which I disliked when I first got it, and was one of my pen purchase regrets. After a long interval, I decided to give it another shot, and was surprised to find that I like it now. Sailor Jentle Doyou ink in a refilled Pilot Cartridge.
Notebook: tiny little Rhodia, about their smallest size. The layers on the front and back covers with the Rhodia name were peeling, so I peeled them off completely.

In my pants pocket, this little Fisher Space Pen. I rarely use ballpoints, but it's a good backup if I have to write under bad conditions.

IMP20200702.jpg

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
It is my most valuable pen, Vacumatic, the 149 has a custom binde made from a cracked ice material that I also had made for a M800, Aurora 88, and a custom Shawn Newton design. I really like the material.

It is my most valuable pen, Vacumatic, the 149 has a custom binde made from a cracked ice material that I also had made for a M800, Aurora 88, and a custom Shawn Newton design. I really like the material.

It is very impressive, a good looking pen made even better.

Pen today is what looks like a 1920s Duofold, it is actually a Danish copy, even the clip. The only marks on the pen are London 1745. The quality of the material and manufacture is actually better than Parker.

P1000924.JPG

Today I have used my Pelikan 140 F (4001 Blue Black), M150 F (Krishna The Earth), 110 Merz and Krell (M) Levenger Pomegranate, Esterbrook J (9550) Levenger Amethyst, Parker 51 Special Diamine Ancient Copper

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very interesting. How does it write?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The pen fills and writes just as it should, I don't know if the nib is original as it is unmarked 18k gold #8 with semi flex. Pen was a special for a Copenhagen department store.

Top Bottom