What's new

What's in your pocket today?

strop

Now half as wise
Sheaffer Touchdown TM Craftsman with Akkerman Blue. F nib. This was my first time doing any rehab on anything other than sac replacement on an Esterbrook. I'm not a big fan of F nibs, so this will be going to my son very soon.

20200429_151141.jpg

I'm honoured today as my wife has let me clean out her long departed mothers Teal Parker 51, it has a gold clip with striped cap. Smooth medium gold nib, with original plush case. It's from the mid 1950s. That all us both know. But the wife says I can use it at home only.

IMG_20200511_144156664_MP~2.jpg

IMG_20200511_144332344_MP~2.jpg

IMG_20200511_144208941_MP~2.jpg

Last edited:

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Ahab flex (not in my pocket as I’m retired but used daily). Something has gone wrong with my Pelikan nib. Have to look into getting it ground or replaced sometime.

I'm honoured today as my wife has let me clean out her long departed mothers Teal Parker 51, it has a gold clip with striped cap. Smooth medium gold nib, with original plush case. It's from the mid 1950s. That all us both know. But the wife says I can use it at home only.

View attachment 1098554

View attachment 1098552

View attachment 1098553
That is a very nice Parker 51. You are lucky to have such a family heirloom! I wish I did. Alas and alack, one day I will inherit my father's 45, but I don't look forward to that day.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

strop

Now half as wise
Inked up another recent rehab.

Wallace. Nice celluloid lever filler. Wet M nib that I smoothed a bit. Found a bottle of Levenger Cobalt Blue that I haven't used for over 10 years!
20200512_132546.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Inked up another recent rehab.

Wallace. Nice celluloid lever filler. Wet M nib that I smoothed a bit. Found a bottle of Levenger Cobalt Blue that I haven't used for over 10 years!
View attachment 1099113
You got me here this time, Mark! Never, ever heard of a Wallace, thought it was a typo for a second. Wow.
Is the cap supposed to look like that at the top?

Today I'm carrying a near-mint green/black M200 with a vintage gold nib. (old pic)
1589309626935.png

strop

Now half as wise
Doug, I have no idea about whether the top is supposed to be like that, but it doesn't appear that anything is missing, and the celluloid is in better shape there than the barrel. I thought it might be their version of a phone dialer, but I have no real idea. I got several Tier 3 pens to practice on. This was the first victim of my homemade knockout block. I also tried to polish out some of the light scratches. All in all it turned out to be a pretty nice writing pen.

strop

Now half as wise
Inked up a Cross Bailey. Found some boxes of Levenger ink that have been squirreled away for years! Had just enough Skies of Blue to refill the Cross cartridge.

20200515_093627.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Kaweco Sport w/ Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Sady, none of my pens get used much now with all the online processing I do, but I guess PDF-markups make more sense than hardcopy-markups these days.

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Kaweco Sport w/ Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Sady, none of my pens get used much now with all the online processing I do, but I guess PDF-markups make more sense than hardcopy-markups these days.
I did paper for about a year after I started working, and we all moved to paperless as well. Used to print stuff off, markup by hand and scan just to have an excuse to scribble.

Pilot VP, no surprise there for me - I can leave ink in there for a month and still write reliably. Love the thing. Inked up with Pelikan Royal Blue.

This week an Aurora 888 P - very nice to hold and smooth nib. I have to use a syringe to fill the old cartridge as new cartridges don't exist anymore. It has quite a wide neck. Classic black, don't remember brand but bought it at an airport 2 years ago

Top Bottom