What's new

Do you have a spare for your favorite razor?

Valmi Industrie Riunite ЯoToR / Feather
full

There was a horrible accident in my house a few years ago. While cleaning, my wife knocked my beloved Gillette raised flat bottom off a shelf. The wound, a bent corner tooth, was serious but not fatal. Capt Murphy said he could fix it.

But what to shave with while it was in the shop?

So I got me another.

I could only afford one Paradigm Diamondback, so no, but my next favorite is a Post-war Canadian Tech, and I have two of those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, I have spares of some of my favorites. But what I would like to have a spare of is my smoothest, a President. I'm on the lookout!

I have spares for my favorite razors: Enders Speed, Gem MMOC, Shake Sharp Mk1, New Short Comb, Stahly. I attempted to get a spare Barbasol FH but it ended up being defective.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I sort of do, but they are not exactly the same. One Fatip Grande Mk2 and one Fatip Piccolo Mk1. They have interchangeable parts. It was not a conscious decision to get a spare, I just wanted to get one razor from each generation.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have a few spares, when I first got into traditional wet shaving & got my first BBS with a Razorock German 37 slant.
I just bought a 2nd head only thinking if I lost it or broke the screw off.(Very inexpensive razor head only) Excellent razor but the only weakness is you sometimes have to manually align the blade slightly to cap.(not a big deal to align)
Razorock 37 German Slant MFG 2016 (2).jpg

I bought a Oneblade Core for $19.95+$3.50 with shipping +10 FHS -10 blades and thought I would give it a try. Enjoyed the razor a lot with a modified Gem Blade very much and they gave me a $10 gift coupon after I did a review of it. Went and bought a second for $9.95 + shipping. I like this razor a lot especially on the chin area and gives me a very close shave with usually no irritation or weepers.
I was thinking of buying a Oneblade Hybrid down the road!
One blade 1 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

No, why would I? It will outlast me, so I don't see the point of that personally.
Some people travel a lot and feel more comfortable knowing they've got another at home in case of loss. I'm sure others have different reasons. I spend three months a year traveling in Asia and prefer to have a couple favorite razors with me.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I wish had bought another used Weber Polished head when they were selling for $40 shipped. If you love an obscure modern production razor, get another one before they go extinct! I do have an extra Rocket 500 and multiple British Techs and RFBs.

Top Bottom