What's new

Do you have a spare for your favorite razor?

I do have spares of my two favorite vintage DE razors. They are hard to come by and I couldn't bear it should I lose or break one without a spare to take its place.

Last edited:
My favorite is my polished Blackland Vector. I've only once noticed a polished Vector for sale on BST (on another forum, not here) at least since I was even first aware of the Vector about 10 months ago. I really mulled over buying it (if I recall, asking price was $185; price new from Blackland is $240). I ultimately decided not to, as I am confident Shane will keep stock for the foreseeable future, in the event something happens to mine.

I do: Stahly, MMOC, Enders Speed have dupes as I travel with them. I'd get another for my #1 favorite Shake Sharp mk1.0 if I could find one.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

A spare "1912" in perfect condition. Spare handles for the Gillette Trac II system. Multiple Injectors - although they are not exactly the same, they are similar enough. Spare Parker half-DE blade shavettes.

I have duplicates of only 2 razors. 2 single ring Gillettes, although from 2 different years, and a Razorock Gamechanger .84P, and that wasn't intentional. I bought one, the second came in a raffle that I won. All 30+ razors I have will outlast me and are nearly indestructible, so I don't feel the need for spares.

No. I've never understood the need for "a spare razor." I've been wet shaving daily since November 1951 and I have never broken a razor or lost a razor. I have about 75 razors. Besides, if needed, replacements are available on ebay.com.

Have backups:
Charcoal Goods gen 2 level 2 SB stainless
Karve C SB stainless
On waitlist for a backup:
Wolfman WR2 dual gap 1.05/1.15 SB stainless
Looking for a backup:
Charcoal Goods gen 1 level 2 SB stainless

My current rotation of about 5 razors is a Gillette New Deluxe on a Ikon Bulldog handle, RazoRock Game Changer Open Comb on a HD handle, Schone Open Comb, Gillette Old Type on a RR Barber Pole handle and a RazoRock Old Type on a RR Bulldog handle. I also have a Gillette Slim Adjustable, my Birth Quarter Razor, that I'll use every so often. Of these I have a backup Gillette New Deluxe, Gillette Old Type and Gillette Slim Adjustable. This thread is making me think I should probably grab another Game Changer. I find that anything that I end up liking ultimately gets discontinued. My Game Changer is an 0.84 and I think I'd just get another 0.84 rather than try the 0.68. Then again, I'm not getting any younger and in time I may actually prefer a more mild razor so maybe I should get the 0.68. All of them are sold out at the moment but I guess I can decided what to do so when things open up again I'll be ready to pull the trigger. But after 4 years I've resolved my DE RAD and am not interested in any new or different razors than what I already have. However, I am now thinking about giving my straight razor another try. If I take to that then I guarantee my RAD will again be resurrected and I'll be looking to acquire some straight razors. Given their cost I'll probaby limit myself to 3 razors so I'd consider two more. The one I have is a Gold Dollar that a B&B member was selling properly honed and truly shave ready. I'd probaby want one vintage and one modern straight. That would probably set me up for the rest of my life for razors. BUT, dang it, I'd need backups too..........

Not really anymore but planning yes
But also a bit of realization hit me...

I have half a dozen which i random use. At this moment the qshave futul and the broman are favorite. So getting an extra set is affordable
OTOH razors enough to replace them.
And with current epidemic I do not need a travel razor and as mentioned have enough others.
Still might get a broman before the manufacturer goes belly up.
OTOH also thought that of oneblade an they still exist (and I got a couple of spare cores)

Top Bottom