What's new

Trimming/Sanding off blade ends?

Hi. Has anyone tried to trim or sand off or cut the ends of their DE blades so they dont stick out? This is a problem for those that shave their heads behind/near the ears. I am careful but some days I want to be lazy or there's a patch that's hard to shave.

Curious to see?

I tried using these ends to trim the mustache area - worked for that purpose but rather doing away with it if possible.

I don't think it's worth the bother for most persons. I've shaved daily since November 1951 and the protruding blades have never caused an injury or been an issue.

Welcome to B&B.
I tried using these ends to trim the mustache area - worked for that purpose but rather doing away with it if possible.
You can trim the tabs off with tin snips but it will leave sharp corners so be careful when handling. I have never had a problem with the tabs whilst shaving.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I don't shave my head. But in this position I would want to create a blade holder (small scrap of wood?) that would allow me to keep a good grip on the blade while sanding/grinding while keeping my fingers free from sharp edges.

Top Bottom