What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Well that was fun 😎
Been a rough day so I was doing a quick shave . As I was putting my brush on the counter I bumped a little decorative bucket that my wife HAD on the sink top and a small Garter snake rolls out from behind it . Thank God it came out when I was shaving because my lovely wife would have had a heart attack if it had came out when she was in the room .

Razor: Merkur 1904
Blade: Voskhod (3) loving these blades
Soap: Arko stick
Brush: Burma shave boar brush
After shave : after the snake wrangling 🤣
Nivea sensitive skin balm
Much to my lovely wife's disappointment no snakes were harmed during this shave

Razor: Merkur 37C Slant
Blade: Lord: New Platinum (2)
Brush: Simpsons: Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Lather: Geo. F. Trumper: Coconut (sample)
Aftershave: Geo. F. Trumper: Coral Skin Food (sample)
Additional Care:
Thayers: Witch Hazel Lavender Toner
Hyaluronic Acid
Peregrine Exfoliating Face Wash
View attachment 1101742
Shave Rating: 9.75/10
Coral & Coconuts...Free Sample Day
Samples everywhere! Time to start using them up. Geo. F. Trumper coconut soap and Coral Skin Food pair up pretty nice. The coral is more like a manly rose scent . I didn’t know it at the time, but it can be used as a preshave as well as aftershave. It’s slick, and the scent is strong.
Real close shave today. The Lord Platinum blade seemed to pair up perfectly with my Merkur Slant. It was singing. Really. The feedback from the razor felt and sounded like it was actually singing. This was a totally tuned in shave. The Geo. F. Trumper lather was thick and offered my skin lots of protection. I don’t often say that about creams.
Anyway, dig out those free samples you’ve been dumping on top of your dresser and tossing in drawers. You might find a new favourite.
Interesting observation regarding the Slant singing. How old is your Slant? I bought mine in 2013 or so, and mine makes no sound at all when shaving and also gives little to no feedback. It gives a super close, comfortable shave, but before I learned to accommodate the lack of sound or feedback, I tore my face up quite well.

Interesting observation regarding the Slant singing. How old is your Slant? I bought mine in 2013 or so, and mine makes no sound at all when shaving and also gives little to no feedback. It gives a super close, comfortable shave, but before I learned to accommodate the lack of sound or feedback, I tore my face up quite well.
My Parker slant give lots of feedback, but I cant really remember the Merkur giving off any emanations like it did today. That’s probably why I particularly noticed the “singing” during my shave. It must have been a combination of the razor with the Lord blade and my preshave shower. Im using a horse hair facial brush with a facial scrub. When I’m done, my whiskers are all standing straight up and seem like they’ve grown. I’ll have to take a note on this the next time I use my Merkur.

Shave #24

J.R. Torrey Co.
WK Spice Vitae
Semogue 820
Miller Strop
CeraVe Hylauronic Acid Serum
Clubman

20200519_062237.jpg

not too bad for a Tuesday!!!!

9.8/10

camo

Well that was fun 😎
Been a rough day so I was doing a quick shave . As I was putting my brush on the counter I bumped a little decorative bucket that my wife HAD on the sink top and a small Garter snake rolls out from behind it . Thank God it came out when I was shaving because my lovely wife would have had a heart attack if it had came out when she was in the room .

Razor: Merkur 1904
Blade: Voskhod (3) loving these blades
Soap: Arko stick
Brush: Burma shave boar brush
After shave : after the snake wrangling 🤣
Nivea sensitive skin balm
Much to my lovely wife's disappointment no snakes were harmed during this shave

I'm not scared of snakes......but I would have administered last rites.

😳

camo

Tue 19th SOTD
Cream Leftover MacaRoot & Aloe
Bowl Timeless
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P HD Handle
Blade Feather 4th
Postshave & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Yesterday morning leftover lather I did not clean but rather just leave it, since there was still some substantial amount. By night it look like all are gone...and this morning dried up. But...upon adding some water and giving it just a swirl...wow!! Turns out to have enough lather for more than sufficient 3pass shave. Shave with GC.84 paired with Feather was really nice. Smooth and sharp. No issues after 3 multiple passes. Somehow prefer HD & BarberPole handles with this GC.84 rather than Super Knurl. Between BBS and DFS results. Rating today 9.5/10
20200519_160907.jpg

My Parker slant give lots of feedback, but I cant really remember the Merkur giving off any emanations like it did today. That’s probably why I particularly noticed the “singing” during my shave. It must have been a combination of the razor with the Lord blade and my preshave shower. Im using a horse hair facial brush with a facial scrub. When I’m done, my whiskers are all standing straight up and seem like they’ve grown. I’ll have to take a note on this the next time I use my Merkur.
I also have the Parker (semi)slant and like it. I agree: it does give lots of feedback when shaving.

Daily Shave: 19 May 2020

200519.JPG

Razor: Merkur 1904 (Weber BullDog handle)
Prep: Face wash with anti-bacterial soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Derby Extra (#2) 2 passes
Soap Proraso (Green + Red mixed) (using rain water)
A / S: Old Spice Classic
Rating: 9.0 / 10.0 DFS Nice shave to start an errand filled day, and mowing.

8.5/10 - DFS!
Razor: Global shave club Calypso OC
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: 24mm ApShaveCo 2bed syn w/summer handle
Pre-Shave: Fendrihan Bay rum pre-shave oil
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Booster Cigar bar AS
/ Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Additional Care: Thayers Lemon WH
IMG_20200518_083228.jpg

Had to pull an audible after the first pass today. The 1912 with what would be day 3 on the blue carbon blade was a disaster. Blood, pulling and all around bad mojo for a Tuesday. Quick pulled out yesterday's razor for the final 2 passes. First time I had ever done that. Also finished another soap. So had to document that. Low score but smooth finish. Wife walked by and said that I had a "light" smell to me. I think that is good?

7.2/10

KM

MVIMG_20200519_062220.jpg
IMG_20200519_070556.jpg

“Tinker, Shaver, Marine, Dad”
Razor: 1st ever Frankenrazor: Timeless TRBR38 Top Cap and Baseplate paired with ALSB45 handle
Blade: GSB (2)
Brush: Omega 20102 Boar
Soap: Speick
AS: Pinaud Clubman
Did a take off on a movie theme to “create” and use my 1st ever Frankenrazor. By combining the TRBR38 top cap and baseplate with the aluminum handle the razor weight was 73.1 grams, about 52 grams lighter than the full TRBR38. This crazy combo ends in a razor that was easily balanced. It was fun, no idea what got into me. Nice WTG/ATG shave for DFS. Just so you know I’m completely nuts, I couldn’t put the razors back in their stands until I returned them to their appropriate configurations.
72F37ABA-084F-41CE-82CD-7E8A48F44C68.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Had to pull an audible after the first pass today. The 1912 with what would be day 3 on the blue carbon blade was a disaster. Blood, pulling and all around bad mojo for a Tuesday. Quick pulled out yesterday's razor for the final 2 passes. First time I had ever done that. Also finished another soap. So had to document that. Low score but smooth finish. Wife walked by and said that I had a "light" smell to me. I think that is good?

7.2/10

KM

View attachment 1102069View attachment 1102070
Never used a Gem carbon blade & never will! Gem Personna SS PTFE rocks every thing out there IMO.
Gem SS PTFE is Sharp & has great longevity + smooths out after a few shaves with using a Gem milder razor or just cork a few times.
This blade is just as Sharp as a Feather blade at first IMO but lasts twice as long or greater.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue May 19th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2 > MFG 2018> Another great shave with #1 daily driver.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified(9) great combination of blade and razor (put a .005 shim on blade to have a little fun!)
Soap: Razorock Lavender- Great scent + Great lather qualities = :001_wub:
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm "Sagrada Familia" Great brush to use named after a Cathedral in Barcelona Spain!
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + clean up.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber aftershave with witch hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + one tiny blemish weeper= :a17:another excellent shave with O.B Core!

SOTD, Tue 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom