What's new

What are you listening to?

1589514685475.png

Been listening to The Stranglers a lot since Dave Greenfield passed away. So glad I went down to Melbourne in Feb to see them at The Forum. The whole show is on YouTube so I have watched that again.

A mantra for Covid stay-at-home orders, from one of the lesser known NYC Irish punk bands from the early 1990's. Back then I was working 2 jobs and a couple of Irish festivals in summer were my only days to relax, enjoy the music and get plastered. My wife and young daughters even had a ball cap made for those festivals that says Shut Up and Drink. Sadly, for the past 15+ years, it's my cut-the-lawn hat. Profanity warning for this one.

I'm active on a drummer forum and a long time member who hasn't been around much posted about some music he is part of. So I go to Youtube and look it up and give it a listen. Man this stuff is smoking. The guy who's album it is, Giveton Gelin, is only 21 years old and has not yet graduated from Julliard. The whole band is insane. It is rare that I listen to an album and become instantly blown away. This album has quickly become one of my favorite albums. I'm curious what the jazz guys think of it. It came out less than a month ago.

Top Bottom