What's new

Gillette to release NEW DE razor for the holidays

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This new gillette is just a new handle on a 89 head.

Gillette is screwing people over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Muhle r89 costs $43 US. Edwin Jagger De89 costs about $36.00 US. The Gillette Heritage costs $34.99 with a very nice case and five Gillette Platinum blades. It all depends on what you are looking for.

A Muhle r89 costs $43 US. Edwin Jagger De89 costs about $36.00 US. The Gillette Heritage costs $34.99 with a very nice case and five Gillette Platinum blades. It all depends on what you are looking for.

A multi billionaire company and they produce a DE razor with a 89 head. They really could have brought out something a bit better.

But i guess they testing the water and then more than likely start mass producing DE’s left right and centre year after year, just like they do with their carts.

Yeah nice case.

How can we be sure there isn't an estrogen dispenser secretly hidden inside the handle, constantly leeching feminising hormone in the lather???

This new gillette is just a new handle on a 89 head.

Gillette is screwing people over!

The Mühle USA websites lists the cost of the top cap and baseplate of the R89 for $32.00 alone.

I am not a modern Gillette advocate or anything, but it is a good price nonetheless. If you don’t like the idea of Gillette’s Heritage offering, in the very least you also get a very nice, brand new box to stick your vintage Gillettes in and a pack of Platinum blades for only a few dollars more.

They are just dipping their toes in to test the water. If this is successful, I can’t see their DE flirtation ending with this razor.

A multi billionaire company and they produce a DE razor with a 89 head. They really could have brought out something a bit better.

But i guess they testing the water and then more than likely start mass producing DE’s left right and centre year after year, just like they do with their carts.

Yeah nice case.

@THall

If the razor doesn’t have the same blade gap as the R89 or DE89 then it’s made to Gillette’s specs.

Who cares who made it. The razor came with blades and a case for $34. Thats a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First shave
20191116_214117_HDR.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I still think they are the same head but any weight differences are minor variances and within spec for cast razors such as these.

That said, were I in the market for one of these today, I think the Gillette, due to the case is the best buy. I put how the razor shaves ahead of who made it. I had a Superspeed I sent packing. I got it for $2. It wasn't nearly efficient enough. I'm not a collector, I'm a user.

Top Bottom