What's new

New Razorock Soap Sticks

Raven Koenes

My precious!
The shipping goes down with more in the cart. I added some more and it went down to $8, then some more and it went down to $7. And then of course I went all the way to $60 to get it down to $0...
They're pirates. Italian Barber charges their own Canadian customers so much for postage and taxes that the Canadians find it cheaper to order from Maggards. Now they are charging Yanks Canadian shipping prices for rebranded stuff. Even Connaught Shaving in the UK only charges around $3.35 US to ship from the UK to the States, and if you do the research on their products you'll find soaps that beat out the rebranded Tcheon Fung Sing razorock stuff.

Last edited:
They're pirates. Italian Barber charges their own Canadian customers so much for postage and taxes that the Canadians find it cheaper to order from Maggards. Now they are charging Yanks Canadian shipping prices for rebranded stuff. Even Connaught Shaving in the UK only charges around $3.35 US to ship from the UK to the States, and if you do the research on their products you'll find soaps that beat out the rebranded Tcheon Fung Sing razorock stuff.

I don’t know if Connaught is a fair comparison since overseas shippers get a subsidy funded by your taxes to ship stuff here. Ever wonder why nearly every international item on eBay ships free?

That said, I don’t know what the arrangement is between the usps and the Canada post.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don’t know if Connaught is a fair comparison since overseas shippers get a subsidy funded by your taxes to ship stuff here. Ever wonder why nearly every international item on eBay ships free?

That said, I don’t know what the arrangement is between the usps and the Canada post.
They are Canadian based but have a US warehouse for shipping to Americans USPS only from the US. Maggards still kicks their butt on shipping.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!

NAFTA is still supposed to be in force. You'd think that would give us better deals than it would with the EU/UK. Frendrihan seems to have reasonable shipping to the US. At any rate since so many products are international, like shaving stuff, it makes sense that it should be more readily available and cost effective.

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
But as an AMERICAN I don't approve of subsidizing Third World sh^%holes.
I'll save a penny where I can. Walmart produces a lot stuff in China and sells Chinese goods. If toilet paper costs 5 dollars at Wal-Mart and 10 dollars at King Soopers it's a no brainer to buy Walmart.

I had 3 what the puck shave soaps already in all of the 3 scents he offered before. I used the lime one my last shave and it was incredible. I just ordered all 4 of his new shave pucks, both pre shave cubes he now sells, and his 2 new body bars. All for 41 bucks including shipping. I have been using the PAA pre shave cube with a lot of success and I am anxious to try razorock's new pre shave cube soaps.

I used the black pre shave cube today. I'm not crazy about it. :lol: Noxzema seems to work better for me.

This stuff definitely adds a slickness (that's tough to wash off), but it doesn't seem to help my shave. I don't know. It's an extra step that makes my face greasy. Not a fan.

I find most Razorock soaps just average in performance. Now with the shipping price gouging I will not order any soap again. Good by Razorock As I have Arko now.! :thumbup:

Nothing wrong with Arko... as long as you don't have a working nose. :001_tt2:

Interestingly, unlike every past order my IB order this time was shipped UPS from Canada instead of USPS from the US.

Received mine. Not super impressed with the scents.

The blue is far and away the best smelling. I believe it is exactly the same as blue barbershop of previous.

The green reminds me a lot of pdp 63, but with less spice. Definitely way out of my wheelhouse.

The black is an almost sweetish musky smell. Right now I don't think it's horrible, but far and away nowhere near the blue. I think I'll need to scrape a little and test the lather on this one.

The yellow does not seem to be the same as XXX, at least to me. Another I'll have to lather, but it seems less musk and more citrus than XXX. I like it better than black right now.

More to come...

The blue is far and away the best smelling. I believe it is exactly the same as blue barbershop of previous.

The green reminds me a lot of pdp 63, but with less spice. Definitely way out of my wheelhouse.

The black is an almost sweetish musky smell. Right now I don't think it's horrible, but far and away nowhere near the blue. I think I'll need to scrape a little and test the lather on this one.

The yellow does not seem to be the same as XXX, at least to me. Another I'll have to lather, but it seems less musk and more citrus than XXX. I like it better than black right now.

More to come...
I have not been impressed with Razorock scents in general. I like the Cherry almond ones and Irish Countryside but rest have been Ehh. Their value point is the best so it's more for the price rather than scent for me. They perform all right as well.

More to come...

The drydown on yellow does leave the same(ish) musk as XXX, so I may be wrong. Also blue is not exactly blue barbershop. Perhaps it's a different manufacturer, so it smells a little different. Stronger with some residual scent I don't care for as much.

Whoever did this batch of soaps is not the same as the what the puck line. It's sad. I definitely need to stop buying RR expecting something good. [emoji3525]

Last edited:
Top Bottom