What's new

New Razorock Soap Sticks

My XXX gave me a fine shave today, I have a few RR soaps and I find that they get the job done
and at a good price. I haven't ordered in a while so I won't comment on the shipping issue. XXX
is a tallow soap, performs and smells good, as does their Mudder Focker.

I got the 4 pack. I thought the scents were all decent. The blue and black were not my type so will probably sell them. I used the gold and thought it was a good soap. Definitely worth the price.

I got my 4 pucks last monday and a "cube" pre-shave.

I am quite happy with the scents. I think it is an improvement on the original line-up I wished came sooner. To me, the Blue Label is the same scent as the Barbershop blue. This one already went away as I already have a few Barbershop Blue with me. The black label smells like the RR American Barbershop (similar to American Blend, maybe slightly more aromatic). It might be slightly different but it is the scent I like the most in theis line-up. The Gold Label, when compared to my original XXX is the same, I cannot see any difference. Now, the green label, I do not know if it is a recycled scent. It does remind me of some type of AXE body wash, maybe with some pine needles notes, it is a clean and energizing scent. Not unpleasant but I would have prefered a sandalwood type scent.

The cube with charcoal has a lime scent. It is totally different of an other well known cube pre-shave on the market. RR cube is harder and requires a lot of water. To make sure it does help with the shave, I apply it then I will add water to my face and do a really quick lathering with my hands to make sure it doesn't leave a "film" hard to rinse on my face.

The performance of the soaps is similar as the What the Puck line. The line is not premium soaps but is still an excellent value when you look at the performance you get out of those soaps. For close to 40$ Canadian, including taxes and shipping, I got 4 soaps and a pre-shave and I did not use the discount code (I should have looked at my spam folder in my emails, lesson learned...) it would have cost me slightly less to get a single, middle of the pack artisan soap.

The green label is my favorite scent of the four.

My black label is kind of weak. Doesn’t have any of the bunch of American barber. It must be from a black spot in the pot where scent didn’t penetrate

The green label is my favorite scent of the four.

My black label is kind of weak. Doesn’t have any of the bunch of American barber. It must be from a black spot in the pot where scent didn’t penetrate

My black label do smell differently when lathered. just off the puck, there is a lot of citrus coming out. For the Green Label, the scent is not bad, I just feel too old for this scent...

The drydown on yellow does leave the same(ish) musk as XXX, so I may be wrong. Also blue is not exactly blue barbershop. Perhaps it's a different manufacturer, so it smells a little different. Stronger with some residual scent I don't care for as much.

Whoever did this batch of soaps is not the same as the what the puck line. It's sad. I definitely need to stop buying RR expecting something good. [emoji3525]
RR soaps work and some smell good. However, they are middle of the road so I don't put high expectations for them. For some, they work well and it's all they need. That's not the case for others who enjoy more slick and creamy lather with good post shave features.

I got my set of pucks last night and used the Gold this morning. I thought the scent was nice and it performed well. I loaded the brush for a full minute and could have shaved twice over with the amount of lather I got. Not the slickest ever but I got BBS on a 3 pass shave using a RR SLOC. The other scents are okay too. Nothing to write home about on any front but they're good soaps for the price.

I ordered some of the sticks too ...no shaves yet, but did some test lathers to check out the scents. All seem pretty good to me and lathered nicely. Will be shaving with one today.

How do you all manage soap sticks for travel or storage? My Musgo stick is in a Lea stick container (and the Lea stick is now in a zip lock bag) and the Arko stick I had I smashed into a bowl. I'm out of stick containers I can re-use.

How do you all manage soap sticks for travel or storage? My Musgo stick is in a Lea stick container (and the Lea stick is now in a zip lock bag) and the Arko stick I had I smashed into a bowl. I'm out of stick containers I can re-use.

I just put my Arko stick in a sandwich baggy. But I've also seen where guys stored sticks in bigger sized pill containers. I will probably do that too. As soon as I find one.

I ordered some of the sticks too ...no shaves yet, but did some test lathers to check out the scents. All seem pretty good to me and lathered nicely. Will be shaving with one today.

Presription pill bottles are what I use.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I just put my Arko stick in a sandwich baggy. But I've also seen where guys stored sticks in bigger sized pill containers. I will probably do that too. As soon as I find one.

Presription pill bottles are what I use.

Thanks for that! Hadn't thought of the pill bottles.

Aaaaaand just had a shave with the Green. Decent shave, would like a little more slickness and cushion. I think it's going to take a few shaves to find the sweet spot for slickness. First pass I think I could have used a little more water, second pass was more to my liking. Also think I need to load a little more.

Scent was good, but a little hard to distinguish because I was testing some aftershave earlier in the morning so I was getting some lingering scent from that.

I got the 4 pack of shave pucks, the 2 razorock bath bars, and the 2 pre shave cubes.

I just shaved with the green label puck and I had a pretty good shave. I think these are the best non-tallow triple milled shave pucks you're gonna find. All the 4 pucks smell good to me. I also recommend their bath bars. They are triple milled and lather very well in the shower. the only did I did not care for is the pre shave cube soap,so I will just toss these in the shower and use them like I use the bath bars from razorock. I think PAA pre shave cube BLOWS RAZOROCK'S PRE SHAVE CUBES OUT OF THE WATER.
So, buy the pucks or sticks because I believe they are worth it. They lather pretty good and they will last a good long time. Get the new razorock bath bars and SKIP the pre shave soaps. They suck compared to PAA's. Probably because they are palm oil and palm kernel based and they have no moisturizing oils in them unlike PAA'S.

I ain’t falling for it.
How can I put this nicely,.. Razorock stuff is merely re-branded, overpriced crap. Ymmv
I wouldn't say it's overpriced. It's rebranded value soaps that work for some but not for others. Great for those looking for cheap alternatives to Artisan soaps.

I wouldn't say it's overpriced. It's rebranded value soaps that work for some but not for others. Great for those looking for cheap alternatives to Artisan soaps.

I just think one could go straight to the source (TFS soap and aftershave, Yaqi and Zenith brushes, etc.), and save a few bucks.

That said, everybody has to have a “hustle” of some sort. Nothing wrong with turning a profit. It is true though, there are many inexpensive, better quality products out there. Sometimes, I just don’t think the IB deserves too much credit for simply flipping products which nobody there actually produced.

I use Palmolive soap sticks, which will fit nicely into the La Toja stick container, once you’ve used up your La Toja soap stick (or before you’ve used it up, if you just want to take it out and replace it with the Palmolive soap).

I just think one could go straight to the source (TFS soap and aftershave, Yaqi and Zenith brushes, etc.), and save a few bucks.

That said, everybody has to have a “hustle” of some sort. Nothing wrong with turning a profit. It is true though, there are many inexpensive, better quality products out there. Sometimes, I just don’t think the IB deserves too much credit for simply flipping products which nobody there actually produced.

Fwiw, I love tfs soap. Show me where it’s cheaper than Razorock soap.

Hmm. IB is priced pretty cheaply that I don't know if you can even save a few bucks. They buy up in bulks so they make money but for consumers, the source is pretty much the same price. I'd say sometimes the source is more expensive as IB is priced competitively.

Stuff like Viking's razors are definitely overpriced and ripping people off but I think IB is priced well.

I'm sure that if they did it would have said so in the advert, but since few here will wait for any semblance of a review it's meaningless at this point. Most RR soaps IMO are decent, but just decent and nothing more than that.

Mudder Focker is excellent, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom