What's new

Bought My First MdC

Found a tub of the vetiver on eBay for $60. Seems expensive but if it lasts a year or longer as I've heard then it's not so expensive compared to other soaps. Very nice packaging and man, do you get a lot of soap. When I first opened the tub I thought there was a piece of waxed paper covering the jar that would have to be removed but no, it wasn't paper it was the soap itself. It's soap all the way down. Perfectly even with the top edge of the tub. Talk about no headroom for loading. Haven't used it yet but very nice scent.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never had the pleasure of trying MdC soaps. They get great reviews, so enjoy the soap.

It does sound like a lot but if it lasts a year then it's not compared with most other soaps. You buy an artisan soap for $15 and it lasts for 3 months the cost is the same. Besides, I'm getting old. I put in my 50 years of work. I deserve it.

After 50 years of grinding it out everyday, if Martin de Cadre soap is one way to reward yourself, good for you! I love your positive attitude and if there is one thing I have learned in life, NO ONE gets out of here alive, so you might as well enjoy the ride!

Congratulations and enjoy! Good price too.
There is a danger ahead though - you might be tempted to ditch all your other soaps in favour of MdC.

Congratulations and enjoy! Good price too.
There is a danger ahead though - you might be tempted to ditch all your other soaps in favour of MdC.
It's true.... I've gone down this road in a major way.... My other soaps rarely get play

Probably SV soaps are the nearest so far to Marten de cadre, and it is difficult to use other soaps! Next buy will be M de Cadre Rose.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
You’re gonna fall in love!!
I use it daily with a Wee Scot.
Load from the bowl and lather on my face.
Just a little goes a looong way.

Congrats @flintoid49 ! I really enjoy the Vetiver and have all the scented soaps.

For those interested in MdC soaps, keep an eye on English Shaving Company when they have sales. The normal price with shipping to the US is $56, taking into account savings from the VAT deduction and the cheap international shipping from ESC. The price gets really decent when they have a discount.

Congrats @flintoid49 ! I really enjoy the Vetiver and have all the scented soaps.

For those interested in MdC soaps, keep an eye on English Shaving Company when they have sales. The normal price with shipping to the US is $56, taking into account savings from the VAT deduction and the cheap international shipping from ESC. The price gets really decent when they have a discount.

Funny you should mention that. I was just looking at a tub of MdC Agrumes after having my first shave with the Vetiver. Lovely soap. Very creamy and slick. I gotta go sniff the tub again.

It's my favorite soap. My first tub was in my rotation and lasted three years. In the same rotation were an AoS tallow sandalwood which lasted two years, and a B&M soap which lasted about 18 months.

Found a tub of the vetiver on eBay for $60. Seems expensive but if it lasts a year or longer as I've heard then it's not so expensive compared to other soaps. Very nice packaging and man, do you get a lot of soap. When I first opened the tub I thought there was a piece of waxed paper covering the jar that would have to be removed but no, it wasn't paper it was the soap itself. It's soap all the way down. Perfectly even with the top edge of the tub. Talk about no headroom for loading. Haven't used it yet but very nice scent.

Actually - my father has been using it exclusively- it lasts him 11 months. Per shave cost is cheaper than most Of the soups on the market—I forgot Where but there was the XL spreadsheet proving this somewhere on this site they had a list of all the soaps and how long they had lasted

Probably SV soaps are the nearest so far to Marten de cadre, and it is difficult to use other soaps!

After I used SV, my MDC sits unused. Every now and then I force myself to use MDC...I think its going to be around for a long time.

Tester, are you saying SV is better! I was going to buy the MDC Rose next, when my SV soaps run out .

I dont want to **** off any MDC fans lol.

But for me yes...SV (beta 4.3) by a huge margin. I dont know what it is about MDC that doesn't excite me.
Is it the fragrance, the coconut oil in it...not sure. All I know is SV smells heavenly, lathers like a beast
and the post shave feel is exquisite.

A new SV 4.3 (Cubebe) is going to appear any day now so man your brushes!

Top Bottom