What's new

Zorrik-4 pass failure

Not exactly breaking news here, but I think that I can safely eliminate the Zorrik Super from my lineup. I have been going through a sample pack and tried the Zorrik in two different razors-no good. I made 4 passes and still got a lousy shave. I could have been there all day. No cuts-just no performance.

Has anybody ever gotten a good shave from this brand?

Has anybody ever gotten a good shave from this brand?

I used them about 8 months ago, when I testing out a whole bunch of blades. I didn't find them to be awful, and actually found them to be acceptable. Other blades shaved far smoother though; my current favorites are Red IPs, Bluebirds, Gillette Seven O'Clock Super Stainless (aka 7 O'Clock Greens), and Feather.

I tried one several weeks ago as I'm going through a lot of blades and the only thing I have noted in my 'comments' section were I keep notes of each blade is this 'S***ty shave, never try again!"

I tried one several weeks ago as I'm going through a lot of blades and the only thing I have noted in my 'comments' section were I keep notes of each blade is this 'S***ty shave, never try again!"

I got one stroke on my cheek, then took the blade out and threw it into the blade bank. Now I understand why they were priced at 99 cents per hundred on the 'bay, and were no bargain even at that price!

I just tried Zorriks also and did not like them. Similar, but not quite as bad as Dorcos.

I don't really follow the advice about trying the same blade several days. If it isn't good to start with, why should I care that it gets better.

I've started doing a side by side comparison with my favorites, either a Iridium or Feather. I use the new blade on one side and a couple of days old favorite on the other. If the new blade feels a lot worse, that is the end of the trial. (New blade in a Futur (3) and old blade in a Progress (3). This eliminates a bad prep as being the cause of a bad shave.

I'm still working through samples, but I've found several that I really liked, several that I did not like, and several that are "OK"

I made 4 passes and still got a lousy shave.

Four passes with a Zorrik!?... Now that's courage! I got half a shave into one before I came to the conclusion that my face just couldn't take the abuse...

zorrik must be the worst blade India has ever produced. Their Supermax and Wilkinson are good.

Top Bottom