What's new

1st try Suneko Amorphous Diamond blades

These Suneko blades were a seperate impulse purchase I made along with the PearlMax. Price was $7.62 for 100, $11.18 after shipping. So...an 11 cent blade from Aliexpress that arrived yesterday.

I'll just cut to the chase. I wish I'd bought 3 or 4 of these hundred packs. I still might. These are fantastic.
20231123_100639~2.jpg

"Amorphous Diamond" certainly suggests these have one of those new plasma-sharpened industrial diamond blade coatings.

Do I believe that? For $7.62 a 100?

No. But damn...the performance I got out of this!
20231123_101558~2.jpg

Below are my choices for the shave this morning.
20231123_105926.jpg

Two days growth. After my shower, the chromed top cap of the Progress just slid across my face on the lubricity of the VDH Shave Butter. There was zero drag and the blade sheared right through with satisfying audible feedback. There was diminished, but still audible feedback on the second pass. Nothing on the third. And I did cleanup.

A legit BBS on this session. That is not a claim I make in a cavalier fashion. A few weeks ago I claimed it with the Progress, a Med Prep, and the Shave Butter. This Suneko equaled that.

I've used some high end blades over the years. A few tucks of Feathers. The Med Preps. German Wilkinsons. Nacets.

No kidding, these Sunekos belong in that grouping.

Funny you have this posted, I got a sample of these blades from the barbershop I go to. I have not tried them out, did not see any reviews on them here really and had a hard time finding them so thanks for saying that about them on AliExpress.

I will have to give them a try at some point.

Last edited:

lasta

Blade Biter
I think @lasta can translate since he lives in China. :thumbup1:
Haha thanks, but brother @APBinNCA has already done an excellent job, even found their website!

I've come across these a few times, but never bought any. Usually offered by sellers who also carry fake Dorcos and fake Bics etc.

Not dinging the manufacturer though, there are scattered rumors of fake Wizamets actually being good.

lasta

Blade Biter
Not sure about the rest, but Meian Tech seems like a legit company.

They have 18 patents under their name, including DE bevel polishing, sharpness, flatness, and edge plating thickness testing equipment.

Patents aren't cheap to get!

It may be that the marketing department just doesn't have anybody on staff who knows commercial art, so the packaging is minimalist.

I used Dorcos early on into DE shaving, but they didn't seem to leave a lasting impression that's led me to revisit them.

These Sunekos have made an impression.

lasta

Blade Biter
It may be that the marketing department just doesn't have anybody on staff who knows commercial art, so the packaging is minimalist.

I used Dorcos early on into DE shaving, but they didn't seem to leave a lasting impression that's led me to revisit them.

These Sunekos have made an impression.
I'll try these out!

Now, where do I buy it from? The guy that also sells Dorkos or the guy that sells STANLESS Platinums?:letterk1:

Top Bottom