What's new

1st try Suneko Amorphous Diamond blades

You're not running out of all the big blocks of Suneko blades,are you?

The 100-blade Suneko block on Aliexpress is out of stock.

They're available in 100-blade blocks on Temu as I post this. Same seller.

Interestingly, I bought a block on Temu for about $7 this past weekend, and the price has jumped by $3 in just a couple days since then. Very weird pricing structures.

Reactions: Kix
They're available in 100-blade blocks on Temu as I post this. Same seller.

Interestingly, I bought a block on Temu for about $7 this past weekend, and the price has jumped by $3 in just a couple days since then. Very weird pricing structures.

They must be running an algorithm that raises the price when there's a surge in demand.

1st time use of the Suneko today - nice clean smooth shave but irritation in the neck area
Overall very happy but will need a few more shaves to dial it in so to speak.

IMG_20240326_174307.jpg

I've been doing a PIF so I haven't used the Sunecos in a while. I'm out of town this week and travel shaving has always been a little weird to me. I guess the different water types in different places make for a difficult shave consistency for me. Also, I rarely travel, maybe once a year for a week.

This week I'm at my in-laws beach house. I feel like the water here doesn't rinse very well. I feel like showering or washing my hands leaves soapy residue.

I brought a new Suneco blade and a Futur clone. After I showered I lathered with Barbasol original with the Futur clone at 3. Finished with AV Musk.

The shave was good. No harshness and smooth. Great results, but I had one little nick right at the back of my jaw... and naturally there were only white towels in the bathroom.

The previous packaging was prettier.

I will order some of these Suneko blades if they ever run out right away.
For the time being on Aliexpress 14€ the case of 100 pieces is a bit too much.

Last edited:
Tried a Suneko for the first time today. My first impressions:
  • Very smooth and comfortable on the first day, even on two days' growth of wiry old-man stubble. None of that first-day harshness that the PPI-made blades often have.
  • No tugging or irritation.
  • Not especially sharp. Probably about like an Astra SP.
I shaved with a RazoRock Game Changer .68P, which is very mild, and the Suneko might not be sharp enough for this razor. To compare, the Gillette Nacet might be the ideal sharpness for the GC68P, and the Suneko doesn't deliver instant closeness like the Nacet.

To be sure, the Suneko isn't "dull"; I'm just comparing to especially sharp blades. It's probably medium-sharp. I'm eager to try it with the more aggressive .76P and .84P plates for my GC.

It'll be interesting to see how my impression of this blade evolves as I continue to shave with it this week.

Day 2 with the Suneko and the Game Changer .68P.

The Suneko performed identically on day 2. No tugging. First pass is a little rough with this combo on two days' growth due to low efficiency. Not harsh, though.

Three passes (WTG/XTG/XTG) hit the spot. DFS to DFS+. I don't aim for BBS so as not to tear my face to shreds.

I still think the Suneko needs a more efficient razor than the GC68P, but today's results are livable. It's a smooth blade, and the quality seems high.

Day 3 with the Suneko and the Game Changer .68P

The Suneko is still a very smooth shave on day 3, even more so because I shaved on only a single day's growth this morning.

The efficiency dropped off noticeably, however. I achieved only somewhere between CCS and DFS on 3 passes (WTG/XTG/XTG), probably closer to DFS. This shave was about what I get from a Nacet on two passes.

Every day is a different shave, though, so I'll see where it lands on my next shave in a couple days. I do a four-shave cycle when I'm evaluating blades (Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday), and it'll be interesting to see whether today was just an aberration with bad shaving vibes, or whether the Suneko is a "two-day blade." At least it hasn't gotten rough as it ages, the way other budget blades do for me.

Day 3 with the Suneko and the Game Changer .68P

The Suneko is still a very smooth shave on day 3, even more so because I shaved on only a single day's growth this morning.

The efficiency dropped off noticeably, however. I achieved only somewhere between CCS and DFS on 3 passes (WTG/XTG/XTG), probably closer to DFS. This shave was about what I get from a Nacet on two passes.

Every day is a different shave, though, so I'll see where it lands on my next shave in a couple days. I do a four-shave cycle when I'm evaluating blades (Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday), and it'll be interesting to see whether today was just an aberration with bad shaving vibes, or whether the Suneko is a "two-day blade." At least it hasn't gotten rough as it ages, the way other budget blades do for me.
I pushed my evaluation Suneko to seven shaves, but determined that five was optimal. But it is rare for me to use any blade even five times. Each shave day is, for me, kind of like deciding what I want to have for breakfast that morning. And I don't care for repetition or leftovers.
20240404_101406~2.jpg

That's a 3+ days worth of beard growth on me. Although it has been awhile since I've tried a Feather, I doubt I could get five good 3 pass shaves with a Feather against the facial equivalent of the Normandy hedgerows.

Damn...now I'm curious to see if a Feather can do that.

I rarely go past four shaves with any blade. I know I can with some blades, but I prefer to use blades at their peak.

I've been doing an extra pass the last couple days when I normally only do two, and that might have impacted the longevity of the Suneko. If your face is the equivalent of Normandy hedgerows, mine feels like the equivalent of the concrete bunkers just past the beach! :D

I recently tried these blades with a yates 921 h. This razor is a little bit too agressive for me, and I have been happy to discover it worked very well with the suneko blade. That might be due to the fact that these blades are not so sharp, so they might work very well with razors we find agressive.

However after being used twice I noticed a decrease in how smooth they felt. So I will use them twice.

Day 4 (last one) with the Suneko and the Game Changer .68P.

I noticed slightly more roughness and tugging with this combo on day 4. Efficiency dropped below where I want. CCS shave with three passes (WTG/XTG/XTG).

Because of the low efficiency of this combo, I might have been pressing a little this week. Backing off to a proper technique brought back the smoothness of the first three days, but made the efficiency level untenable.

My conclusion after a week with the GC68P/Suneko is that this combo works for two days as a solid, no-drama DFS shave. If you've overdone it, this combo can give you a couple very nice "recovery shaves." I wouldn't go past two shaves, however.

For regular shaves, the Suneko clearly requires a more aggressive razor than this. I'll be testing out that theory in the near future and reporting back in this thread. Stay tuned!

Day 4 (last one) with the Suneko and the Game Changer .68P.

I noticed slightly more roughness and tugging with this combo on day 4. Efficiency dropped below where I want. CCS shave with three passes (WTG/XTG/XTG).

Because of the low efficiency of this combo, I might have been pressing a little this week. Backing off to a proper technique brought back the smoothness of the first three days, but made the efficiency level untenable.

My conclusion after a week with the GC68P/Suneko is that this combo works for two days as a solid, no-drama DFS shave. If you've overdone it, this combo can give you a couple very nice "recovery shaves." I wouldn't go past two shaves, however.

For regular shaves, the Suneko clearly requires a more aggressive razor than this. I'll be testing out that theory in the near future and reporting back in this thread. Stay tuned!

May I ask how you would characterize your whisker growth? Heavy?

Price keeps rising - up from $11.something yesterday.

Will y'all quit ordering these blades so I can afford to try them?!? ;)
I believe someone that lives in China said the Sunekos are quite cheap there, like $2-$3/100.

I roughly paid the same price as the current one. The listing I bought was $10.18 a pack and then $1.99 added for shipping and there was no combined shipping discount for multiple units bought at the same time. All said and done, I don't regret the 5 packs I bought but I am in no hurry to hoard more. It's a good blade, yet in my opinion does not offer compelling value over its competition at this price. Maybe if you took a trip to China and came home with a few packs at $3, it would be different.

I am trying to think of a reasonable comp for how the Suneko feels. Anyone got one?

I believe someone that lives in China said the Sunekos are quite cheap there, like $2-$3/100.

I roughly paid the same price as the current one. The listing I bought was $10.18 a pack and then $1.99 added for shipping and there was no combined shipping discount for multiple units bought at the same time. All said and done, I don't regret the 5 packs I bought but I am in no hurry to hoard more. It's a good blade, yet in my opinion does not offer compelling value over its competition at this price. Maybe if you took a trip to China and came home with a few packs at $3, it would be different.

I am trying to think of a reasonable comp for how the Suneko feels. Anyone got one?
In order to revisit this again, I'd basically have to start over and use a commonly encountered blade as a baseline for comparison. It has been awhile since I started this thread. And what baseline? In the past it would be the Russian Astra, but now? New guys aren't going to know that baseline.

At some point I called the Suneko "the Chinese Polsilver", but even that is rapidly becoming like trying to talk to a teenager about which was better, Molly Hatchet or Thin Lizzy.

I'd have to judge it as above average sharpness with, for me, a way above average ability to hold a usable edge for multiple uses. There are pictures of my face after 48 and 72 hour beard growth in this thread. I pushed a Suneko to seven three pass shaves through that. Smoothness is an aspect tougher for me to describe. I consider the Suneko smooth enough, and certainly moreso than a Shark Super Chrome.

Top Bottom