What's new

Your Help Needed: Requesting Info for the B&B Wiki

Hey B&B. I've posted a thread like this before for photographs in the dark room, but thought I'd start a fresh one in the Safety Razor thread for general information missing from the Wiki. If you can provide the requested information or photographs, allow me to say thank you on behalf of the entire B&B community for your assistance!

The fine-print details, modified from my photograph request thread:

In this thread I (and anyone else with similar intentions, should they desire) will be posting requests with items requiring information or high resolution photographs for the wiki. Should you have any of the items requested and the time/desire to research, identify, and/or photograph them for use in the wiki, please quote the original request and post your addition in a reply. The subject of the photograph should be immediately clear and items included for reference should not overshadow the subject. By answering a request and posting an image of your own creation, you grant permission for it's reproduction in use for on B&B and the B&B Wiki.

Thanks in advance B&B, you're the best. :thumbup1:

Extensive list of safety razors that need to be weighed follows. If you have any of the razors listed, a proper scale, and the time to weigh them and report back, the wiki thanks you for your service :thumbup1: Additionally, if you could provide measurements in both ounces and grams, it would be much appreciated.

• Feature Popular
  • Gillette Flare Bottom Aristocrat
  • Gillette New Improved Aristocrat
  • Gillette New De Luxe Aristocrat
  • Gillette 30's Aristocrat
  • Gillette 40's Aristocrat
  • Gillette 50's Aristocrat Adjustable
  • Gillette Executive (both Rhodium and Adjustable versions)
  • Gillette Knack
  • Gillette Milord (I know we could simply copy/paste from the 40s SS, but if someone could weigh both and confirm that'd be great)
  • Gillette Big Fellow
  • Gillette Common Bar NEW
  • Gillette Ball End NEW
  • Gillette NEW Belmont
  • Gillette NEW Big Boy
  • Gillette Old Type
  • Gillette Double Ring
  • Gillette Single Ring
  • Gillette President
  • Gillette Ranger Tech
  • Gillette Senator
  • Gillette Slim
  • Gillette Toggle
  • Gillette ABC Pocket (ALL variations)
  • Gillette Rocket
  • Gillette #58
  • Gillette English G1000
  • Gillette German G1000
  • Gillette German G2000
  • Gillette German G3000
  • Merkur 1904
  • Merkur 1904 Open Comb
  • Parker 22R
  • Parker 90R
  • Schick Krona
  • Wilkinson Sword Sticky
  • Wilkinson Sword Classic
  • Rolls Razor

Last edited:
I am working on Gems and was going to start the Injectors next. However, this is the second or third time I have seen the Rolls mentioned recently. I was going to do that third but maybe I should get it out of the way. I have a couple of different ones for pics.

I am working on Gems and was going to start the Injectors next. However, this is the second or third time I have seen the Rolls mentioned recently. I was going to do that third but maybe I should get it out of the way. I have a couple of different ones for pics.

Funny, I am (slowly) working on Gems too. Maybe we should collaborate so we don't overlap to an unnecessary degree? More evidence to the need for wiki-meetings :tongue_sm

Funny, I am (slowly) working on Gems too. Maybe we should collaborate so we don't overlap to an unnecessary degree? More evidence to the need for wiki-meetings :tongue_sm

Every time I start a new one, I have been posting a Gem Guru thread for that purpose. We just did the G-Bar. Not a lot of response to that one. I was thinking of doing the 1912 or 1924 in the next day or two. Where are you at?

Every time I start a new one, I have been posting a Gem Guru thread for that purpose. We just did the G-Bar. Not a lot of response to that one. I was thinking of doing the 1912 or 1924 in the next day or two. Where are you at?

There is a Work In Progress 1912 entry already, and I believe I have a Micromatic entry saved as a text document on some computer. It took me a long time to decide whether it was GEM or Gem, and I have finally settled on Gem. Now that THAT'S out of the way... the work can begin :blush::laugh:

Schick Krona 1- 7/8 oz
Gillette Slim 2- ½ oz
Gillette Ranger Tech 1- 7/8 oz
1909 Gillette Single Ring 1-3/4oz
1904 Gillette Double Ring 1-3/4 oz
1917 Gillette Old Type 1-1/2 oz
Gillette NEW Big Boy 2-7/8 oz
Gillette Milord 2 oz
Gillette 40's Aristocrat 2-3/8 oz
Gillette silver thin Bar NEW 1-1/2 oz
Gillette lady 2 oz
1921 Milady Decolletee 2-1/4 oz
1917 Gillette Bulldog 2-3/8 oz
Gillette Common Bar NEW 1-3/4 oz

Last edited:
My scale is a digital one, and it doesn't do odd numbers when measuring tenths of an ounce, so a 2.8 could be anywhere between just over 2.7 and just under 2.9. It also only measures kg down to 10 gram increments. But here goes.

* Gillette 30's Aristocrat
2.6 .07
* Gillette 40's Aristocrat
2.4 .07
* Gillette Executive (adjustable)
2.8 .08
* Gillette Common Bar NEW
1.8 .05
* Gillette Ball End NEW
1.8 .05
* Gillette Old Type
2.0 .05
* Gillette Single Ring
1.8 .05
* Gillette Senator
1.8 .05
* Gillette Slim
2.4 .07
* Gillette ABC Pocket (rather plain fluted handle/basket weave case)
2.0 .05
* Gillette Rocket (HD)
2.6 .07
* Schick Krona (black plastic tip, Schick Krona on head)
1.4 .03

Am I correct in guessing the weight you want for the Rolls would be for the handle and blade only? Otherwise, its going to be massively heavy comparatively...also, does anyone besides me have a Rolls Razor stamped "demonstration only"?

Am I correct in guessing the weight you want for the Rolls would be for the handle and blade only? Otherwise, its going to be massively heavy comparatively...also, does anyone besides me have a Rolls Razor stamped "demonstration only"?

maybe weights of the different components?

If you wouldn't mind doing three separate measurements: handle, blade, handle AND blade; it would be helpful. Someone long ago weighed a tech in separate pieces, figure we may as well continue for the sake of uniformity :blush:

maybe weights of the different components?

If you wouldn't mind doing three separate measurements: handle, blade, handle AND blade; it would be helpful. Someone long ago weighed a tech in separate pieces, figure we may as well continue for the sake of uniformity :blush:

Am I correct, Bluepunk, that you mean "I shouldn't weigh the strop/hone/case when weighing the razor"--right?

Top Bottom