What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

Blade: London Bridge (CH)
Razor: Coles Slant
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: Omega ProPro Boar
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

Today's shave was very smooth in process.
The end result was a smooth, drama free shave; DFS with no effort.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1202.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week six and shave number four on my second dig with the Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade. This morning’s shave was okay, the blade did feel a little tuggy when going ATG on my last pass. I did finish up with one tiny weeper after my third and final pass ATG on my left cheek. I am a little disappointed with this blade second time around. I just hope that the last three shaves are okay. Time will tell.

Blade: London Bridge (UK)
Razor: Ikon X3 Slant
Brush: LJS/Maggard SHD Badger

Today's shave was very smooth in process.
The end result was a smooth, drama free shave; DFS with no effort.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1218.jpeg

Week six and shave number five with my second dig with the Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade Chromium blade. This morning’s shave was so far the best for the week. I had no blood, minimal redness and just a bit of sting when I applied my Alum Block. I am hoping that the weekend shaves are the same. I was quite pleased with todays efforts.

Blade:Light Brigade (UK)
Razor: Blackland Era Level 2 SB
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar

I love this blade! Today's shave was very smooth in process.
The end result was a smooth, drama free shave; BBS with little or no effort.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Orange wrapper #17(?)
1.65 TI WR2
B&M Melange
These are the times I have a love/hate with the generosity of @Grundi and others for these awesome blade shares. I’m still using my first blade of the bunch. It still works, maybe a bit more work or a bit less smooth, but nothing terrible. I can’t toss a blade that still gives fine shaves, that would be wasteful. Pretty sure I’ll get to a different blade soon. As always thanks for doing these and allowing me to continue to participate.
Agreed! I put 10? I think shaves on that blade, and it's still going strong.

I recently went to Indiana to see the eclipse, so I thought that it was time to put that blade in storage. Still delivering great shaves, so it will be stored for a bit.

IMG_20240412_144343187_HDR~2.jpg
This has been my setup for the last two shaves. It is superior to the orange wrapped one, in my opinion, and that is high praise! The half pipe (lol) is Avon Tai Winds..... Definitely one of the top 5 Avon aftershave lotions!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_1233.jpeg

Week 6 and shave number six on my second dig with the Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium edge blade. This morning’s shave was okay. I shed no blood so that was great. I did have a couple of red marks on my face and I did have a little sting when I applied my Alum Block. My face did feel a little raw when I was in the shower but when I applied my Aftershave Balm all settled down.

London Bridge UK Blade #3 Shave #5
Another nice two pass shave with the RR Baby Smooth Razor today. :thumbup1:
The blade is starting to slow down some & extra touchup was required.
Clubman Aftershave only gave me a slight tingle feeling thus reminding me that the RR Baby Smooth was doing a great job.

Chinese London Bridge Blade Two, Shave #7

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Shavemac beagle 2-band (bulb)
Soap: Haslinger’s schafmilch
Splash: Pinaud clubman

Comment: Very fine shave from this EXCELLENT blade (9.5/10)!! But time for a change as just a bit of ‘tugging.’

Summary: First, thanks @AnimalCatcher and @Grundi for an excellent participation PIF!! One of the best ever!
Second, these are terrific blades!! All three are ‘top-tier‘ IMHO.

:a29::a29::a29:

Chinese-made London Bridge #2, shave #3

Razor: Henson AL13+
Blade: Chinese-made London Bridge (orange wrapper) (3)
Soap: Frankensoap (1/3 each of Arko, VDH Luxury, and Dove Men Care 3 in 1 Extra Fresh)
Brush: No-name badger off of Amazon
Aftershave: Old Spice followed by Nivea Sensitive balm

A very good shave today. Shaves 2 and 3 were definitely better than shave 1. I'll give it one more and then go to the English-Made London Bridge.

Chinese London Bridge Blade Two, Shave #7

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Shavemac beagle 2-band (bulb)
Soap: Haslinger’s schafmilch
Splash: Pinaud clubman

Comment: Very fine shave from this EXCELLENT blade (9.5/10)!! But time for a change as just a bit of ‘tugging.’

Summary: First, thanks @AnimalCatcher and @Grundi for an excellent participation PIF!! One of the best ever!
Second, these are terrific blades!! All three are ‘top-tier‘ IMHO.

:a29::a29::a29:
You are very welcome, kind sir! I actually get a lot of enjoyment reading about different members using these blades. It's a welcome distraction and I'm really glad that you guys are enjoying yourselves. 🙂

Blade:London Bridge (CH)
Razor: Coles Slant
Brush: LJS SHD Badger

Today's shave was very smooth in process, and performed well.
The end result was a smooth, drama free shave; DF with little or no effort.

Top Bottom