What's new

Yaqi Silvertip (how does it compare with other silvertips)?

I have been using Yaqi Silvertip 24mm brush for about 2 months, it's my first badger brush, and I like it a lot.
Since I have nothing to compare it with, I would like to hear your opinion, how does it compare with other, higher price and higher end silvertip badgers? Also is it really a silvertip or it's something else sold as silvertip?
IMG_20230924_200423.jpg

if you lkikec your brush what is the problem you embassies because it is not a $200.00 BRUSH? Being sort of minimalist, I do not buy designer much. Functional products work, but you can not brag about have a SUPER HIGH PRICED BRUSH.

lasta

Blade Biter
After so many years, there still isn't a widely accepted standard on what a silvertip is!

The hairs on your brush look mighty fine, I'd take their word on it.

As for price and quality, I don't think there is a direct correlation. I had a Shavemac 2-band silvertip, it had the exact same hairs as my Classic Shaving Super Badger. The Classic shaving brush is packed more densely and had an easier splaying fan shaped design.

I ended up selling the Shavemac because the CS is a better brush at 1/5 the price.

Last edited:
It's pretty difficult to tell by picture, yours could have Super Badger equivalent hair. It looks similar, but different shaped, to my Zenith 3 band and thats a moderate priced brush. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least that good, but really... lathering is the only way to be sure! Somebody that has more brushes would have to try it or you pick out a brush that you know you like the look of in the moderate range and see if it's better or worse. Unfortunately, or not, if it's worse then you can just keep using this brush and maybe pick up another.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have been using Yaqi Silvertip 24mm brush for about 2 months, it's my first badger brush, and I like it a lot.
Since I have nothing to compare it with, I would like to hear your opinion, how does it compare with other, higher price and higher end silvertip badgers? Also is it really a silvertip or it's something else sold as silvertip?
View attachment 1722757
I have the same brush, "Mysterious space" handle 24mm 3band badger. If it has three bands it is a silver tip. Yaqi also calls it a silver tip. If you enjoy your silver tip brush you should enjoy the Yaqi 24mm 2band badgers also, I have found them ideal for my every day shaving needs(the silvertips have finer hairs from the badger neck area, where the 2band hairs are from different areas of the badger). I bought most of mine on sale over the last 2 year at good prices and they all perform very well. Yaqi makes great shave brushes and they are a excellent middle of road brush that will give anyone a good lather and excellent face feel massage when applying lather I have found over the years of use.

I have the same brush. I actually like the Yaqi because it has a bit of a backbone compared to other badgers however I don't use it that often as I prefer my $15 Yaqi and Razorock synthetic brushes to any badger. I've owned a couple mid to higher priced badgers (Simpson) and felt they were not worth the extra money. Plus they shed hairs like crazy.

I have the same brush. I actually like the Yaqi because it has a bit of a backbone compared to other badgers however I don't use it that often as I prefer my $15 Yaqi and Razorock synthetic brushes to any badger. I've owned a couple mid to higher priced badgers (Simpson) and felt they were not worth the extra money. Plus they shed hairs like crazy.
I have Yaqi tuxedo Sagrada Familia
It's an amaizin brush for it's money

I have four Yaqi badgers including the same as the OP (knot looks the same too). Three silver tip and one two band all about 4 years old. All are fine performers. They'll shed a hair now and then but nothing alarming. I also have several artisan brushes that cost four or five times as much and I can't tell any major difference in the knots between them and the Yaqis save for those with gel tips (I still don't get the big deal about them; too mushy for my taste). Yaqi are good bang for the buck.

I have four Yaqi badgers including the same as the OP (knot looks the same too). Three silver tip and one two band all about 4 years old. All are fine performers. They'll shed a hair now and then but nothing alarming. I also have several artisan brushes that cost four or five times as much and I can't tell any major difference in the knots between them and the Yaqis save for those with gel tips (I still don't get the big deal about them; too mushy for my taste). Yaqi are good bang for the buck.
I spoke too soon. I am now noticing that all four Yaqi badgers are now starting to shed several hairs with each use. Can't complain for the prices I paid but I don't see that happening with other badgers I've had for the same amount of time.

I spoke too soon. I am now noticing that all four Yaqi badgers are now starting to shed several hairs with each use. Can't complain for the prices I paid but I don't see that happening with other badgers I've had for the same amount of time.
Thnx for insight, I'll monitor for late shedding

Top Bottom