What's new

What's a good alcohol based, citrus scented AS

more votes for Citrus Musk, Lime Sec, and Florida Water, also if you can find it, Adidas Victory League aftershave, has a sort of spicy orange scent.

+1 for Italian Barber Elegaza and Amici

-Razorock baby blue/Mr Pink has a citrus-y powder scent to it and it comes in a huge bottle for like 13$
-Pheonix Artisan Accountrements Old Time Lime and Aqua D
-Myrsol Limon

Just took receipt of Fine L'Orange Noir AS. Opened the bottle and it smells fantastic. I then handed it to wifey to get her take on it.

"Yep, that smells good"

We have a winner!

M

Member 113878

Just took receipt of Fine L'Orange Noir AS. Opened the bottle and it smells fantastic. I then handed it to wifey to get her take on it.

"Yep, that smells good"

We have a winner!
Smells like Terre d'Hermès.
I don't reach for that one often.
Fine Italian Citrus and Chiseled Face Groomatorium "Santa Paula" get more attention in my rotation.

Adidas Dynamic Pulse has a grapefruit/yuzu thing going on, and decent longevity if you're into that.

Myrsol Limon has a true (not sugary) lemon scent, but vanishes almost instantly -- great if you want to wear a cologne.

Pinaud Citrus Musk and Pianud Lime Sec have a good amount of alcohol and last a while provided you put on enough. They come in 12oz bottles and are relatively cheap. So pour it on!

Smells like Terre d'Hermès.
I don't reach for that one often.
Fine Italian Citrus and Chiseled Face Groomatorium "Santa Paula" get more attention in my rotation.
Had my first use of Santa Paula today and definitely a different scent than l'orange noir, as expected. A lot more fresh smelling, more bitter notes where the Fine has earthy/darker going on.
Not nearly as much staying power as the Fine but a better face feel to me.

M

Member 113878

Had my first use of Santa Paula today and definitely a different scent than l'orange noir, as expected. A lot more fresh smelling, more bitter notes where the Fine has earthy/darker going on.
Not nearly as much staying power as the Fine but a better face feel to me.
That's the sole weakness of Santa Paula for me, the scent fades away too quickly.
Stirling's Piacenta is a nice citrus AS too.

I echo Harris Arlington.
For more complexity, Blenheim Bouquet, and Harris Windsor.
(And all of the above are great performers.)

Top Bottom