SOTD
💈

Shave smooth and comfortable today.
Frank X Hess Hand Forged 100 Razor 6/8"
HESS HAIR MILK LAB.
ST.PAUL,MINN. (U.S.A.)
Real EXTRA HOLLOW GROUND ,
Ivory celluloid,
This time honing uses Taiwan Stone+Tomo Nagura .
Vintage Erskine Shaving Brush Handle, Oumo 25mm Badger Knot.
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
20240329-1.jpg

20240329-2.jpg

20240329-3.jpg

20240329-4.jpg

Sooo, how do you like the coti so far? Are you happy you got it?
I'm actually very happy.
You know I wasn't too sure about this as I was finishing on low micron pastes and getting good shaves. But this coticule as a post-paste finish makes it feel so extremely comfortable without sacrifising much or any cutting power. It really is a treat.

I've only used it like that for now, not yet tried after a bevel set, hone up with slurry mixtures up until a finish but I will later on ofcourse, just for the sakes of it. Don't have a bout though, could raise a slurry using a diamond plate...but I read somewhere that I'd be damaging the garnets doing so?

I just need to find a way to treat the wood, but I guess there's no rush in that. Not too keen on removing it from it's base.

I'm actually very happy.
You know I wasn't too sure about this as I was finishing on low micron pastes and getting good shaves. But this coticule as a post-paste finish makes it feel so extremely comfortable without sacrifising much or any cutting power. It really is a treat.

I've only used it like that for now, not yet tried after a bevel set, hone up with slurry mixtures up until a finish but I will later on ofcourse, just for the sakes of it. Don't have a bout though, could raise a slurry using a diamond plate...but I read somewhere that I'd be damaging the garnets doing so?

I just need to find a way to treat the wood, but I guess there's no rush in that. Not too keen on removing it from it's base.
Don't use a diamond plate to raise a slurry.
You can probably get a slurry stone from someone here quite cheap. I have a box of them.
The coticule magic is created by the slurry in my opinion.

Top Bottom