What's new

What do you use the most ink on?

What are you guys hand writing at work? I guess attorneys and therapists would be big note takers.

Working in the IT industry I have very few writing opportunities. I'm almost completely limited to note taking during training, everything else is on the computer.

I work as an IT consultant and I am using the Bullet Journal method to keep track of things. I've tried quite a few apps and software for to-do lists but I always end up back on paper because it allows me to completely customize it to my needs. And I really enjoy handwriting it all.

Notes at work and meetings mostly. i guess i write more than i need to, just because. Annotating/signing correspondence. Note-taking in church. Appreciable mileage now in the "What's in your pocket today" thread as well.

Notes at work - I've found handwriting notes during meetings helps me pay attention better and remember more.
Journaling, personal letters, practicing handwriting - all things I have done, like to do, don't get back to as often as I'd like.

Ever hear of Mind Mapping? I've found it quite useful sometimes.

Ever hear of Zentangle(R) or ZIA - Zentangle(R) Inspired Art?
It could be described as doodling on steroids, but it can be a bit more mindful.
Overall it's meant to be meditative, hence the Zen.
Some have told me they are able to listen better when doodling than when trying to take notes, and having the patterns are helpful.
I wasn't sure what I'd use my FP's for: Signing cards, practicing greetings and salutations and general handwriting....then I discovered Zentagles. I also plan on using an inexpensive Kakuno at work, signing documents and taking notes when out on job related duties.

My Zentagles are done in a Field Notes for now, sitting on the couch, killing time.

Parker 51, VP, Kakuno
PXL_20211230_204838800.jpg

Vintage Parker 51 courtesy of @Reckoner from the 2013 Sabbatical PIF.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I keep patient lists with handwritten labs/notes for daily rounding. I also still sign scripts with a pen. I use a Pilot VP daily with a EF nib paired with Noodler’s X-feather. Makes the mundane feel more pertinent and tangible.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Thoughts of the moment, scribbled in an A4 pad. My version of thinking "out loud", is to scribble stuff down. It's never relevant more than a few pages back, and if I want to revisit thoughts, I'll scribble them down again. Helps keeps thoughts "present" that way, as It's about what my thoughts are today, not what they were last week. Once the whole book is full, I dispose of it and start another. Nothing is kept.

Besides this, there's shopping and to do lists, and I've started a diary this year. The diary is mainly health based, but other stuff creeps in too. The ongoing book of thoughts and nonsense is what uses the most ink though.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Mostly my language class on Rhodia and Apica paper. Next, straight razor honing/use/info journals. And of course every year Christmas cards. Jotting down notes from various sources for a potential project.

Top Bottom