What's new

What did your Old Man smell like?

As yours, Aqua Velva mainly! Too bad i can stand the stuff, now! :blushing:

Like my dad, I like Aqua Velva and use it often. Occasionally my dad would use Mennen aftershave (now called Skin Bracer), but I have never developed a liking to that for some reason.

Early on i remember him smelling like Jade East and Hai Karatie. By the early 80s he switched to skin bracer. Seems he got a multi fragrance set at Christmas and he loved it. Although i remember him stealing my polo from time to time

My father, I would never disrespect him by calling him "my old man", always smells clean and just like my father.
No disrespect meant toward the OP. It is just the way I was raised.
marty

+1

God rest his soul, he always smelled of Old Spice. His 78th birthday would be next Monday...appropriately Old Spice Monday! :)

Gasoline, motor oil, and whatever "toxic chemical of the week" he was using working on the Apollo, B-1A, or Space Shuttle.

$DSCN0149s.jpg

Like most of you here, my dad evolved with his scents. He used English Leather (which I still have about 1/4 of the last bottle he used over 20 years ago). He also moved to a cologne that I have been trying to find. It was called Lavender Water. I can't remember who made it, maybe C&E? But he loved that stuff.

I am restoring his brush too. Once I am finished, I am debating on whether to use it or just let it sit on a shelf in memory of him. Knowing him though, he would want me to use it. I might give it to my son.

Top Bottom