What's new

Have You Tried Every Scent of any Soap Brands?

Have you smelled, sampled or used every scent/type of a particular soap brand. I'm not talking about brands with a single product (Arko, Tabac, MWF, etc.).

For use, I've shaved with both from Cella (red & green, that's easy).

I smelled every scent offered by Stirling last summer during a trip to their showroom in Paris, Arkansas. I'm glad I did, as I didn't buy what I've seen most frequently recommended by many in this forum.

I've tried all the Martin de Candre soaps. Most were samples. They all performed equally well and the only difference was scent. Ranking them I would go Agrumes, Original, Natural, Fougere, Vetiver, Rose. Scent is very subjective though and the Rose is liked by many here. It's too floral for me.

MDC is the only one - I have a 50ml Nature and samples of everything else. One little sample will last quite a while.

For Stirling, I dabble in ordering a few 1oz samples but have never bought a tub.

I'm glad I did, as I didn't buy what I've seen most frequently recommended by many in this forum.

Scent is certainly subjective. Varen didn't trip your trigger, I take it.
___

House from which I've smelled the most offerings is House of Mammoth, (and I also frequently tub-huff these while reading this board).

When the cajita arrives from Spain, Jabones de Joserra will rise to the top of the ranks of most-offerings-smelled/sampled/owned . . . in raw numbers and maybe as a percentage of offerings.

I have tried a lot of TOBS, and there is only one scent I cannot stand, and my wife hates the smell. It is Sandalwood, and it has way too much of a feminine scent.

Top Bottom