What's new

Vintage Avon find

Went car shopping today!
$image.jpg

I like the decanters that can stand without having to put the cap back on.

Most of them were designed that way. Even the cars! Many were designed to be stood up on end, or upside down laying on a diagonal. The boxes had a picture of how you were supposed to set them down.

Most of them were designed that way. Even the cars! Many were designed to be stood up on end, or upside down laying on a diagonal. The boxes had a picture of how you were supposed to set them down.
Most but there's a couple cars that aggravate me

I gave up on actually using the special shaped decanters long ago. I use and refill the Avon Apothecary bottle for use in my Den. Much easier to store that way.

Leather and lime. I'll have to try that.... but I'll use Avon Island Lime. It's the best Lime ever made. Smells the most natural and lasts the longest.

Here's some AVON that I found over the last few weeks. The car is full of Clint, one of the few scents that I didn't have. The 2 left Apothecary bottles are full, Lemon Velvet moisturized friction lotion and Spicy. I'm going to put the Clint in the other brown one and Everest in the blue green one. I'm not sure what the Lemon Velvet is supposed to used for but I used it for after shave a few days ago and it was great.

View attachment 701732

Here's some AVON that I found over the last few weeks. The car is full of Clint, one of the few scents that I didn't have. The 2 left Apothecary bottles are full, Lemon Velvet moisturized friction lotion and Spicy. I'm going to put the Clint in the other brown one and Everest in the blue green one. I'm not sure what the Lemon Velvet is supposed to used for but I used it for after shave a few days ago and it was great.

View attachment 701732
nice score! I've never tried Clint or the Lemon Velvet, can you give me a breakdown of the scent?

Great scores lately guys!:thumbup:
nice score! I've never tried Clint or the Lemon Velvet, can you give me a breakdown of the scent?
To me Clint is a lot like Oland, smokey and leathery. To me it's a little fresher and better. Both these scents get some use by me, but not as much as Spicy, Deep Woods, Wild Country or a few others.

I gave up on actually using the special shaped decanters long ago. I use and refill the Avon Apothecary bottle for use in my Den. Much easier to store that way.

Still hunting for the Apothecary in the wild. I love this suggestion on using them for refills.

I just found a vendor that I have been going to (she works at a local Flea market/vendor booths) and she just mentioned she had a ton of Avon that she wants to get rid of so - I am giving her a list to look for - All in never opened boxes :w00t:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Still hunting for the Apothecary in the wild. I love this suggestion on using them for refills.

I just found a vendor that I have been going to (she works at a local Flea market/vendor booths) and she just mentioned she had a ton of Avon that she wants to get rid of so - I am giving her a list to look for - All in never opened boxes :w00t:
Don't give out your address; the Vez and I may start stalking you!!

My first thought was - "Let me now what your guys are looking for I might send it to you!"

Actually don't tell me just PM me you address and I might surprise you :tongue_sm

Top Bottom