What's new

Vintage Avon find

This is the other one as the one I posted about has gone

$postage.jpg

Well, that's also a quote for priority mail. If I was shipping overseas, I wouldn't use priority mail. first class mail would be much cheaper.

If you really want it, I'd contact the seller and have them get an actual quote from the post office.

Here's this weeks findings. A bottle of Windjammer and Excalibur cologne, along with an empty apothecary bottle that didn't get in the picture.

$2016-12-03 20.50.51.jpg

Here's where I found the apothecary bottle. They had 5 full boxes of mostly empty AVON bottles, they were 50% off $1.00.

$2016-12-02 14.49.34.jpg

I just got these full aftershaves two days before Christmas:

View attachment 712121

The King and Queen are Spicy, the Rook and Knight are Wild Country, and the Pawn is Oland. Other than a sample of Wild Country in the last pass around, this is my first venture into vintage Avon. The Spicy is wonderful. It does smell like Shulton OS. The Oland I haven't tried yet but I'm liking the scent out of the bottle.

[MENTION=104921]Doug57[/MENTION] now you just need to collect the rest of the pieces and the Chess board...... yes, Avon actually made the board to go with the set!

Awesome Christmas from the girlfriend!

new to me:

Eagle w/ Windjammer
Two Pipes w/ Tai Winds
Capitol Building w/ Tribute
Liberty Bell w/ Oland

Joining:

Captain's Pride Bottle w/ Oland
Wrench w/ Wild Country (I just realized it's missing a lid)
Riverboat w/ Wild Country
Mustang w/ Mesmerize

$avon.jpg

Haha! That and a larger shave den in which to display it all! :thumbup1:
My brother's wife was an Avon rep in the 70's and he had the whole chess set. He always complained that they should have given the silver bodies silver caps and the amber glass amber caps rather than switch it.

Went to an "antique" store yesterday. One that I didn't know about and is little outside of Baton Rouge. It was huge...I mean...it was almost a warehouse in size. They had some shaving related stuff but not much. Found some Avon bottles...some were in real bad shape with little to no aftershave. There were others that were in better condition and full. Most were filled with wild country and a couple were filled with Tai Winds. I did find this beauty though...

$Avon Leather Pheasant.jpg

It was in particularly good shape and filled with Avon Leather...a scent that I recently discovered that I liked. It wasn't really that good of a price, but was acceptable especially since I think Leather is a little hard to find. I made up for overpaying (not really just wasn't a great deal) when I found a 1969 Gillette Super Adjustable 109 (Long Handle Black Beauty) for a couple dollars more than a saw-buck.

Top Bottom