What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Picked this up at a flea market today. The scent is a lot like Skin Bracer, but has a spicy (Old Spice like)note on dry down.
DSCF0023.JPG

I was researching the oldest colognes still in production and this one although far from the oldest was what George Washington wore. I got an old vintage bottle of it in the 70's and who knows how it differs from the late 1700's but I bet not that much. I thought it would be really old fashioned but not bad at all and although I would not wear it on a date or daily once and a while on a even when something has wore off I will throw it on as a reminder to what it must have been like to stand next to GW. John Adams was a fan and GW gave two cases to France’s Marquis de Lafayette. Those guys didn't shower as much as we do so they went through it . Before renamed Caswell and Massey in the lat 1800's it was Dr. Hunter's Apothecary in the Revolutionary times.
proxy.php

This is just an empty bottle, but the scent of the juice is still in there. Faintly citrus and very clean. The bottle has been sitting at a local antique mall for months and I've been watching it. The seller's tag said it came from a downtown Denver old-style men's club that closed in the 60s. It finally went on sale and I picked it up for a song. Should I rinse it out and fill it with another aftershave? Anybody know anything about this one? There is one review on basenotes from 2005 and it says the scent is discontinued.
IMG_1044.jpg

image.jpeg
My boss gave me this bottle of Pinaud Lilac Vegetal. Not sure if it qualifies as vintage. It is a glass bottle, and had a price sticker that I couldn't read.

He is a good boss, going to miss him over the next 8 weeks. He's having a knee replaced. He likes model trains so I'm going to try and find him something train related.
Going to try the vegetal tonight.

While shopping for Avon items at Stagecoach Antiques in Akron, OH, I stumbled across these two gems:

English Leather Musk Aftershave (MEM)
Stetson Aftershave (Coty)

I know the EL is old, not sure about the Stetson, but I love the bottle.

June2017 094.JPG

While shopping for Avon items at Stagecoach Antiques in Akron, OH, I stumbled across these two gems:

English Leather Musk Aftershave (MEM)
Stetson Aftershave (Coty)

I know the EL is old, not sure about the Stetson, but I love the bottle.

View attachment 797463

I found a Stetson bottle just like that awhile back, mine was full of After Shave Balm. It is a nice bottle.

Here's my Avon bathroom line up and a old bottle from an antique store. These are small enough for the bathroom shelf - the full sized cars and all are in another room and are storage for these daily users.
Left to right: Unknown blue (Aqua Velva?), Wild Country, Island Lime, Everest (brush), Oland (pawn), Spicy (spark plug), Leather (old bottle), Blue Blazer, and Bay Rum.

IMG_5790.JPG

Found this at antique store I already loaded it up on some skin bracer. Looked it up on the net found out part of the top was missing... oh well its still cool to me.

20170820_131059.jpg

Found this old Jeris bottle for 3 bux guessing from 1953 by the markings 3 and 53. My first time removing label just didnt work out so well. Ill get it right next time.

20170922_214305.jpg
20170922_214356.jpg
20170922_214441.jpg

Found these bottles yesterday at an antiques festival -
IMG_20170930_150344.jpg
The Old Spice Cologne appears to be from the mid to late '50s, and it's mostly full - at least 2/3 full. Smells nice!
Beside it, is an Old Spice travel bottle, probably mid '50s, judging by the shape and color of the bottle.
And a Woodbury After Shave bottle.
IMG_20170930_150425.jpg
The milk glass was my first indication that it was an Old Spice bottle, but then the cap definitely gave it away.
IMG_20170930_150433.jpg
The complete erasure of the printing and logo looks like someone removed it on purpose. When it catches the light just right, you can see the faint outline of the Old Spice lettering near the bottom of the bottle.

IMG_20170930_150506.jpg

Woodbury appears to have been made by Jergens.

Top Bottom