What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

Collecting aftershaves can take you in a lot of directions. After you've gotten through the mainstream stuff, you realize that there are a lot of strange and interesting ones out there. Let's see what you have. Is it an obscure musk splash from the 70's? A really old bottle of Clubman that you bought from Al Capone's estate? A cannonball full of Old Spice? A stone jug of handcrafted balm from Easter Island? Put up your pictures and share your treasures with the world!

Collecting aftershaves can take you in a lot of directions. After you've gotten through the mainstream stuff, you realize that there are a lot of strange and interesting ones out there. Let's see what you have. Is it an obscure musk splash from the 70's? A really old bottle of Clubman that you bought from Al Capone's estate? A cannonball full of Old Spice? A stone jug of handcrafted balm from Easter Island? Put up your pictures and share your treasures with the world!

I wonder if that's what led to the residents' "chisled" features:lol:

I've seen some great pics of unique bottles and wish I could add some, but I just have to wait to see what every one else comes up with.

Do I detect a Steward badge up with the veteran and contributor fruit salad, Chris? I assume it's this forum you're stewing, and if so, congrats. As I see the Mods picks for stewards coming out and IDing themselves in each forum, I am amazed at what consistently great choicess thay have made. Your choice is no exception - I couldn't have picked a better man for the job. Once again, CONGRATS!

here's one for you Steward Nid:

Sportsman's AS & Cologne from John Hudson Moore, Inc., c. 1960. Oh, yeah - these are huge - 8oz. each!:

proxy.php

[Also ...coming soon - various Lilac (&_Veg) concoctions, in vintage competition with PLV.]

Hiya,

I have a few older items that some readers might find amusing. First one's a Caron 'Yatagan' set with after shave, bath soap, and EdT(Pour Monsieur) that fits in a handy pouch. I've used both the AS and EdT and the EdT is wild stuff. I believe this is the first incarnation, and dates to the mid 1970s.

The other odd item would be the vintage Aramis decanter.......unopened. Yeah, I can't bring myself to crack the seal......heh. I believe this dates to the early 1970s. Oh........this little item has a very heavy frosted glass decanter and is labeled as cologne. The bottle holds twelve ounces, which is (cough) generous.

Hope some you like the pics,

Martin

Favs. The brown barrel shaped bottle Avon had is in the brown box. Green box = green jug. Burma Bey, I'm trying to make my two bottles last as long as I can.

Last edited:
Wow, some great stuff! One of the things that amazes me about classic aftershaves is bottle size. Either people didn't get to the store much and they wanted to make sure they never ran out, or they put it on in serious quantities.

Keep 'em coming. I'll put some shots up tomorrow too.

Top Bottom