What's new

Traveling OC - Try Before You Buy

If you'd like to try some modern and vintage open comb razors - and you've been a B&B member for at least 45 days and have at least 50 posts then :

Copy this post and add your name to the sign up list below:

Sign-up List
JohnG10 (Current Host)
Andy6228 (Next Host)
Next person
Next person

Full Rules
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. The Band of Traveling Open Combs (hereafter call the BoTOC) is open to anyone who wishes to try an open comb razor. The only disqualification is if you own every brand and model of Open Combs that are currently in the BoTOC.
2. To participate in the BoTOC, you must meet the qualifications to sell items on B/S/T -- 45 days a member and 50 posts. Note that qualifications may be waived for members with significant contributions or length of membership.
3. Participation is for CONUS members only - to keep costs down and the BoTOC moving along.
4. Post in this thread that you would like to try the current BoTOC. Note that even if you have tried the BoTOC before, you can try them again.
5. The BoTOC Manager (currently OKAllen) will periodically put together a consolidated list in a single post.
6. When contacted by the current BoTOC host, provide your address. If you are going to be out of town or not able to honor your commitment to the BoTOC, direct the current host to skip you (for now) and contact the BoTOC manager (via PM) to have them move you a more suitable position.
7. when the BoTOC arrives in your shaving den, PM the manager to let me know it has arrived.
8. Clean and sanitize the razors that you are interested in trying out. You do not have to try every razor in the band.
9. Shave with your selected razors for no more than ten (10) days. The quicker you can fully experience the BoTOC and move it along to the next person, the better. The BoTOC get restless if they stay in one place too long.
10. When you are done hosting the BoTOC, PM the next person in the list to get their address.
11. Clean and sanitize the razors (again) and ship them (at your cost) to the next person on the list. PM the BoTOC manager when you ship the BoTOC to the next person.
12. Please post your experience with the razors in this thread. Tell us how you felt about the BoTOC razors that you sampled. Plans on acquiring an Open Comb in the future?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I've been trying these great razors. I will definitely be buying a New, I get great shaves with it. The Old is a good shaver too but it just wasn't as comfortable as the New.

Who is next? I'll be ready to send the box on this weekend.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful razors.

I'm going to check out a couple of antique places tomorrow. If I can't find a good, reasonable OC, I might jump in on this

I've been away from the forums for a while - purchased a new house and was fixing up my old one. It's on the market so I'll see where things are with the last person who had it.

Top Bottom